Used 2006 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
3.5 out of 5 stars

Bad Electronics

vbrand, 06/23/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the Touareg. I love the way it drives and love the interior. BUT it has been in the shop every two weeks since I bought it (all electrical issues). to top that off the dealership here has treated me terribly.

4.25 out of 5 stars

The Perfect SUV

Steven , 07/29/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My VW Touareg is just awesome. It drives like a car on the highway. It hits high speeds with no trouble at all. It is better than a car because it is also one of the best off roading SUV ever made. It is just a great SUV! The V8 engine is lots of fun to drive! It has a great transmission with sport mode, which is great for passing.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Jenny Craig Has Met Her Match

Dan, 02/12/2008
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car needs to lose 1000lbs. Fast. I just traded a 2006 BMW 330i for my Touarag and love it for what it is. It is a heavy, cumbersome mammoth of a SUV. Truly capable both off and on- road, through any weather and virtually any terrain, even when limited by stock tires. The engine is responsive and flexible, but the transmission hunts for gears way too often. The interior looks well-made; but there are far too many rattles. The gadgets all work together to create marvelous ergonomics, but they're not reliable on a day-to-day basis. Great brakes, fantastic suspension, over-boosted steering. Fuel economy is atrocious, but that's to be expected with a 5200-lb SUV.

4 out of 5 stars

For your consideration

NJTouareg, 08/16/2009
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used 2006 Touareg in May 2009. Within 2 days it had to be towed to get the ignition coils replaced. Shortly thereafter it was dead in the street, alternator and battery. The day after the alternator was replaced, the drive shaft went. Fortunately, all this was still covered. Two things concern me: first, did VW knowingly make a vehicle with so many major flaws that they wanted to compete in the luxury market? And second, what does VW do when the "certify" a used vehicle? To date Burlington VW has been good about repairing everything, but even they are starting to consider whether or not we should keep the vehicle. Despite all above, still like the truck, if it will run....

4.13 out of 5 stars

My Experience

Len, 10/03/2008
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my touareg after a careful research in publications to see what vehicle could go farther per tank full. I wanted an SUV that could go fast, far, be stable and competent off road. I live in Miami and after several hurricanes I saw huge lines at the gas stations when a hurricane may be heading here. I needed a car that would take me out of the state in case a category 4 or 5 hurricane came here. My touareg v-6 has an epa rating of 21 mpg and a fuel tank 26.6 gal with a theoretical range of 556 miles. I go from my house in Miami, to I-95 to the Florida turnpike to I-75 to the state line using Cruise control and tiptronic on 6 gear in one tank full. This is over 475 miles. This is great.

12345...15