Used 2006 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
3.25 out of 5 stars

First Year for Touareg

Mary Lou King, 10/27/2005
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

For such a bulky vehicle (I have to fold in mirrors to get in garage), I am very cramped with the driver's seat all the way back (6'4"/230 lbs). It is hard to see left or right rear by turning in the drivers seat. The owners manual does NOT describe how to set the dash clock. I had to go to two dealerships (7 sales persons and three mechanics before the clock could be set). I e-mailed VW about the clock and NEVER received an answer. This truck gets very poor gas mileage (about 13 mpg) for a 6-cylinder. there is no immediate response from the gas pedal when starting out. Access to the engine appears restricted due to the intake manifold (?) covering top of engine. I'll find out for sure when it's time to take a wrench to it.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Many improvements on the '06 Model

Chris, 06/02/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We had am '05 Touareg, which was our was worst nightmare, a total lemon. VW bought it back and gave me an '06 model. I have just about every option. My favoriate option is air suspension, it's great for off-roading. This vehicle is very good off-road and in the snow The DVD navigiation system is much better than the '05 model's CD navigation, it is a night and day difference. I have had no problems with my '06, nut the '05 was total debacle. I'm definately on track to buy another one in a year or two, based on how my '06 has been so far.

2.75 out of 5 stars

Dishonest maker

Lisa, 03/17/2009
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Touareg by default, the first one had so many electrical issues that I took it back to the dealer and refused to pay for it any longer. So being the generous automaker/dealer they decided they would let me out of that lease but only if I would resign a lease with them for the NEW AND IMPROVED 2006 Touareg. I did, I really liked the look and the way it handled. The 2006 version has been a nightmare, first the noise caused by some unknown vibration, dealer fixed by adding foam behind the dash, then when I complained of the continued vibration I was told it was my tires. I replaced my tires it improved put did not fix. Brakes bad, ridiculous cost to replace but its not just the

4.75 out of 5 stars

Tons of fun

AADAM, 06/27/2008
V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I love driving my Tdi Touareg daily. It is a blast; tons of torque and hp which makes it a lot of fun. We put the car on a rolling chassis dyno to see what it would do and how much power and torque it would lose through the drivetrain; from the engine to the tires. We were pleasantly suprised. It is rated at 310 hp and 554 lb-ft at the motor so I thought it should put down somewhere around 250-260 hp and 460- 485 lb-ft of torque at the tires. The dyno results surprised us all to say the least; 299 hp and 548 lb-ft torque at the tires; damn near matched the power ratings which were listed as at the flywheel. It is very difficult not to drive it with your foot to the pedal. Brakes are super as well. Super!!

Nice vehicle

Karree McCarter, 06/29/2016
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, only draw back is living in a small town with limited Volkswagen mechanics.

12345...15