Used 2006 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Luxury and High Tech Performance!

Elizabeth, 12/14/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is an exceptionally high-quality vehicle! I am very pleased with its handling, the quality of the interior, the durability, and the features. VW has really stepped up and provided buyers with a luxury SUV that drives like a luxury car, but has a "Sport" mode which gives it a much sportier drive feel as well. The cargo space is very functional and taller than most other mid-size SUVs that I tested, which is ideal for a large dog! :) The features are almost unsurpassed and even the 2007 Benz doesn't offer several features that the 2006 VW Touareg provides (I know because my friend brought home a brochure). I had a Benz SUV before the Touareg and the Touareg outshines it. The Touareg is a very pleasant surprise!

4.5 out of 5 stars

Skip the Nav

Bob, 03/22/2007
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have a special edition Touareg with 19" wheels, DVD Navigation and other goodies. The car is very competent in traffic, freeway, tight roads, and rough roads. Its fuel economy is not good, but we knew that when we bought it. In 3,000 miles, the only two complaints we have is that the radio or CD player comes on with the backup camera, even if it was off when the car was parked. The other problem is the navigation system is useless. Though not difficult to use it is cumbersome, slow, and usually does not have an address in the database. We still use our $500 Garmin GPS if we need navigation help.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Very Nice Vehicle

Ensconced, 09/17/2007
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This SUV really drives like a car until the weather gets bad and then it drives like a very good SUV. The good comments about how the Touareg handles are not overstating it. I use a hitch mounted bike rack to haul bikes around and the Touareg works great for that. I don't have to worry about how primitive the trailheads will be.

4 out of 5 stars

Best vehicle I ever owned!

Bear, 03/26/2021
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Awesome to drive! Excellent safety! Will go anywhere, seriously! Exceptional torque ratio! The only drawback is repair and replacement prices.