Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

You have one? I'll buy it.

jp, 11/04/2015
V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

2012 was a good car (my son's car with 120,000) he still drives it. My 2005 with 72,000 miles IS great.That's from personal experience. Comfortable ,solid, feeling safe in it.Comfortable seats and plenty of room. Lock the differential and you can go anywhere.

3.88 out of 5 stars

An SUV That Can Take You Anywhere

docj, 04/24/2010
V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We bought this SUV so my wife, a nurse, could get to work regardless of the weather. It has consistently demonstrated it can do that in some absolutely horrible conditions. We have a set of winter wheels with Pirelli Scorpion studless ice and snow tires for it and it can go just about anywhere. In good weather it is a fun SUV to drive; in sport mode it can beat most vehicles off the line. You'd never know you had 5,000 pounds under you. Reading other reviews I have no idea why people have been complaining of tire or brake life. Make sure the wheels are aligned and select tires carefully. Initial reliability was poor but has improved a lot;not cheap to fix--$1,100 for timing belt!

What a great ride!

Mrs. Stacey Branger, 09/15/2015
V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a terrific SUV. Yes, its a gas hog, but the power, control, and creature comforts out weigh that particular negative. I bought this to haul my elderly handicap parents, and their scooters around town. We all love the smooth ride, AC, and Its turning capability. Its easy to climb in and out of, and we find that even though we do not plan on having more than three adults at a time, we are all happy with the space provided inside. Check timing belt, and tires. Expensive to replace.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Lovely to drive, Costly to repair

lilguma, 03/03/2010
V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this SUV used and love it so far. Its true what everyone says about the brakes, tires, fuel efficiency and service. My tires were $800 for all 4 and the shop rotates my tires for free anytime i want to. Same shop tells me the brakes aren't cheap either $600 for ceramic pads up front. However, this truck is solid and safe you will bulldoze through snow and probably won't every hydroplane in the rain. You will love this truck until you get to the shop(try to stay away from the dealership, their labor is super expensive)

1.63 out of 5 stars

Terrible Never Buy Again!!!

Amy, 03/28/2005
V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I would never buy a VW again. The electrical issues are overwhelming. With 3,218 miles I traded it on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I lost a lot of money on the deal because of all the issues with the VW Touareg.

12345...40