Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

You have one? I'll buy it.

jp, 11/04/2015
V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

2012 was a good car (my son's car with 120,000) he still drives it. My 2005 with 72,000 miles IS great.That's from personal experience. Comfortable ,solid, feeling safe in it.Comfortable seats and plenty of room. Lock the differential and you can go anywhere.

Not great but ok.

SEAN9, 10/31/2008

I am a mechanic for a used German car dealer and I bought this trade in for fun, its a late build 2005. BTW 2004 is a lemon, mid to late build 2005+ is a good car. Positives: Interior, exterior, solid vehicle. Negatives: Terrible gas mileage, 6 speed transmission shifts constantly and hard, radio is horrific, small interior, too many electronic gizmos. 4.2L Audi engine is excellent. Its a tough German car not a smooth Japanese car. If you don't believe me go to web VW boards and check the car out, the transmission is the worst aspect of this vehicle but you can reprogram it with some success. Overall nice and somewhat better than some of the Mercedes I work on.

Great Vehichle

Sandeep, 12/11/2007

THis is our 2nd touareg. The 1st one was a buyback because of electrical problems that were never ending. However, we still loved the car and agreed to take a replacement Touareg. The 05 Touareg has met all our expectations is probaly the nicest SUV we saw while we were looking to make our purchase. We compared it to the BMX X5 and X3, Lexus, etc. However kept coming back to it. Even after our initial lemon Touareg, this is still our favourite vehicle and am glad we stuck with it. The 05' has been problem free since we have had it.

What a great ride!

Mrs. Stacey Branger, 09/15/2015
V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a terrific SUV. Yes, its a gas hog, but the power, control, and creature comforts out weigh that particular negative. I bought this to haul my elderly handicap parents, and their scooters around town. We all love the smooth ride, AC, and Its turning capability. Its easy to climb in and out of, and we find that even though we do not plan on having more than three adults at a time, we are all happy with the space provided inside. Check timing belt, and tires. Expensive to replace.

An SUV That Can Take You Anywhere

docj, 04/24/2010

We bought this SUV so my wife, a nurse, could get to work regardless of the weather. It has consistently demonstrated it can do that in some absolutely horrible conditions. We have a set of winter wheels with Pirelli Scorpion studless ice and snow tires for it and it can go just about anywhere. In good weather it is a fun SUV to drive; in sport mode it can beat most vehicles off the line. You'd never know you had 5,000 pounds under you. Reading other reviews I have no idea why people have been complaining of tire or brake life. Make sure the wheels are aligned and select tires carefully. Initial reliability was poor but has improved a lot;not cheap to fix--$1,100 for timing belt!

12345...40