Used 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Tiguan is awesome
By K. Clark

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

<br>

We Named Her Tiguanda
By STEPHEN WILLIAMS

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

She's a good car! We love the smooth ride and tight steering and suspension. My wife used to drive a Honda CRV, and then a Beetle as a rental after the Honda was hit by a deer and totaled. The VW Tiguan is the perfect combination of a Beetle and a CRV. Love it!

Good every day driver
By Ed smith

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Tiguan is has well controlled ride, good performance, good cargo space with easy to fold back seats. Size is perfect for secure hi way driving while being convenient for around town.

Seemed great until...
By griffk

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I will be honest with you, I'm a Ford guy. But the wife came home with the Tig and at first I was pretty impressed. Quick little car, nice interior, great on gas. That was 20,000 miles ago. Now, if I knew more about the crash test ratings I would put the "peoples car" out of its misery. Moved from Texas to Michigan, apparently, our vehicle didn't appreciate the cold. According to VW, the EPC went out due to weather. $900 for replacing and again, due to weather, this time humidity, EPC out again. According to VW, "a number of vehicles are experiencing this type of difficulty, but not more than half." [non-permissible content removed].

Here's a list to our woes: The tires require nitrogen. No other vehicle I have ever driven (11) were too good for air. Check engine light is a constant reminder that no matter what kind of interior the vehicle has, it's all crap. Oil light will come on only during a right turn. Strange... Loss of power when traveling under 70 mph. However, it will run like a german champ on the highway, just as long as there are no right turns. The gas mileage was at a steady 34 mpg. Now, it's at 19 mpg. I had a 76 C10 with better consistency. The rear windshield wiper was a laughable joke from the start. The radio is awesome. Extremely confusing for a simple mind like myself.

Quit with the electronics. Or at least give it with options that make sense. Like a toilet. Honestly, I want to be able to take the needed poo while driving so I don't have to stop in the worst part of town, just to drop a deuce on a toilet that has never experienced the wonder that is Clorox. Taint scratching and feet scratch/massage are next on my list.

There is a reason I named her Nyx...
By fieryimpassion

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I live in 4 seasons country and I have now converted to 4motion as a way of life.
Driving to work everyday on poorly plowed roads allows me to do circles around other SUVs and I pushed my car hard to get to work on time and have yet to spin out.
I am not a professional driver but I have driven a lot across the country many times and my car has yet to fail, sputter, or slight in any form of performance.
She takes what gets thrown at her with a determined grin.

The turbo-charged engine makes easy work of green lights and passing cars on the freeway.
Mileage has been about 24/25mpg steadily and I have yet to have a major repair going on 1.5 years/ 11000+ miles.
Miles are too easy.

I used to drive along the freeway every day and with the panoramic sunroof I could watch airplanes land above me onto the airport. Nothing like it, especially in the heat of summer. Although 4motion is my favorite feature, the overall adaptability/utility of this car is what makes me proud. 4 adults fit beyond comfortably. As far as cargo space, I have fit a cubic yard worth of mulch bags in the rear area without a lack in braking or performance. Everything is done with thought, including the shape of the doors so that they scoop in on the outside which has help prevented many dings and scratches in parking lots with tight fits. Never let it be said that German Engineers slack.

You get what you pay for and even though the lease payments I have make me cringe when due when I drive it I am reminded how every penny is wisely spent. If I am going to drive, I am going to have fun doing it, and I am going to be confident in my car's ability to keep me safe. While it would be nice if the diesel engine finally made its way to American shores in a Tiguan body to squeeze more mpg with equal torque, I will gladly pay more at the pump to avoid and out-navigate the slow and stupid and watch them gaze jealously at my vehicle as I pass them by.