Used 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Great fun to drive small SUV!

chemgeek, 11/11/2012
SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Premium Navigation, Dynaudio (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted to write an honest review and not just a whining about negatives. You get what you expect for buying a Volkswagon. You get a very European trim inside and out, a sporty firm ride, and an engine that hands down kicks the crap out of most cars on the road yet getting a reasonably good mpg. The techie features are awesome and as a total package, it is well worth the money. There are a lot of small SUVs out there but you get the features that compete with those of the Audis and BMWs at a lower cost. 10 times the car that a CRV could dream to be. Now yes, like any car, there are quirks. They either are deal breakers or they aren't. The tranny is quirky, but still impressive.

4 out of 5 stars

Love the car, hate the MPG!

glassdish, 08/26/2013
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased the Tiguan because my elderly dad was finding the Jetta too low, so we decided to get a compact SUV. We love the VW's European styling and handling. My 2010 Jetta got about 20 MPG combined. Based on sticker I expected that I would get at least 20 maybe 21 MPG combined with the Tiguan, the dealer kept telling me after 'break in' period I would get better mileage, well it has been about 6000 miles, so is it broken in??? I like the car but if knew i was only going to get 18 MPG I would have purchased the CRV, Mazda, or any of the others. They are all fine.

Over all Great vehicle

Freedom, 11/27/2016
SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Pro's: comfortable and fun small SUV but feels more like a you are driving a car. I love the lack of delay in going from gears, the comfort, the sound quality, and the safety of this car. Love Love Love that. Con's: too small to really be considered a compact SUV. Too low to the ground. Its MPG is not that impressive for its size. The trunk is too small to be considered a "compact SUV". Change the size of the trunk, and raise the car and I think it would be much more effective. My Bluetooth does not function correctly and there are issues with some models regarding the fuel injection (or something) but a good dealership will fix it for free, per VW site. Last complaint is that others have also had issues with the trunk latch malfunctioning ( i have had this too). No idea what caused this. Total cost to fix is from $125.00-177.00. Overall, this car has a great company behind it, they own up and fix things. The car is safe, comfortable, effective, fun, awesome look, and great for family or the single adventurer. If you know how to drive an SUV you will get more mileage out of the car than what it list.

Great car

wc, 07/14/2015
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have not had any problems as I have seen others report . Makes me think they bought a used one that has been in a wreck. The Tiquan Handles very well. I have the 6 speed manual transmission and it makes it more fun for me. I think they have quit making the Tiguan with a manual transmiision in newer models now. 4 years and still running great. Wife has the passat and she is always wanting to drive the Tiquan.

Very satisfied!

scootyroo, 12/27/2012
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I haven't owned a VW for some time, but after getting a fantastic deal on a new 2012 Tiguan (including 0% financing) and being blown away by its performance and quality, I turned around and bought a new GTI. As I had reviewed before purchasing the Tiguan, the statement "It's a GTI on steroids," is accurate. Get the base model, with the manual transmission, and you'll smile every time you think about it. We live in the mountains and still get on the throttle for fun, but we're getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. While I love the new GTI, I have to say that for an all-around family vehicle, you can't beat the Tiguan if it's the right size for you.

12345...8