2016 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Great Looks, Great Performance, Overall Worth It!
By Azhar

2016 Volkswagen Passat Sedan R-Line 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned this car about 7 months and just hit 10,000 miles, and I enjoy driving it every day. The gas mileage averages around 26 mpg for me, since I do not drive very economically, I am satisfied with getting around 400 miles from a tank of gas. The car has great pull at highway speeds and can easily pass other cars thanks to the turbo. The turbo also has a nice sound to it even at lower RPMs. The car at low RPMs can be a bit sluggish when driving with a full car. The smoothness of the ride is something I enjoy the most, getting into other cars makes me realize how smooth this car is in comparison. The car is stable and designed nicely. The cloth seats are not the best, so I would recommend the seating package (this will come standard on 2017 models and I believe includes heated seats, electronic seat controls, and leatherette seats). The lights are fine without the $1000 lighting package. Have not had any major problems yet. I just got the first 10,000 mile full synthetic oil change and an alignment done (not sure if this is early to have one done, but the car needed it, could be a problem in the future?). I would highly recommend this car to anyone interested, you will love it!

German engineering -- Who wins?
By Thomas Veiock

2016 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I rated this against a new MB CLA we were considering.. This car comes with a higher equipment level for the price. The MB would have come to or just over $40k for the same equipment... Both cars rode very nicely, but the MB was a bit quieter on the road. However, when you look at equipment vs $. The VW is more car for less. $$. ............. By the way ------- I bought the 2017.

First but not last VW
By Patrick Mulcahy

2016 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE w/Technology 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent blend of comfort,technology, and performance. Engine is smooth, peppy. And highway milage is amazing!!

Never thought I'd own a Passat - but I love mine!
By wmoore

2016 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE w/Technology 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

LOVE IT!!!
By tray

2016 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Okay I purchased a new 2016 Passat se on 09/19/2016. First off my prior car was an Infiniti m35 awd, so I really thought I would be giving up a lot of the features since the Passat was about $24,000 cheaper however its the complete opposite. The Passat has the apple car play which eliminates the need to spend thousands for a navigation, moon roof, led lighting in the front and rear, very smooth ride, roomy interior, and believe it or not a very powerful turbo engine. My most recent trip from charlotte NC to silver spring md averaged 36 mpg compared to the old Infiniti which averaged 21-22 highway mpg for the same trip. The fit and finish is similar to AUDI quality without the large price tag. Coming from an awd prior vehicle I barely even detect that I'm driving a front wheel vehicle. The car handles very great in both the city and out on the highway. Best of all I was able to get the Passat 5k less than the 29k sticker price. My only negative complaint would be the lack of door and arm wrist padding especially compared to my prior vehicle. What im most amazed of is just how good this engine is. This car on the freeway doesn't feel like any other 4 cylinder that I've ever driven. The car doesn't struggle at all in passing and will surely take off in a hurry. So don't let the horsepower on paper fool you!!! So long story short go test drive the Passat and I'm sure that you too will love it!