Used 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M) Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used New Beetle for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

A Guy's Beetle?

Mtman, 02/13/2002

I bought a new red VW Beetle Turbo S recently and am very happy with it. I previously shied away from the new Beetle due to its image as a "chick" car, and its lack of power. When I test-drove the Turbo S, however, my mind was changed. Clearly, VW is trying to appeal to the male driver and they just might succeed with this car. It's quick, agile, and holds the road well even in sharp corners. I'm planning a few performance mods, but even stock this new VW is very entertaining.

this car will bug you

mtunic, 04/25/2013

this car has 60k I has had the water pump go out smog pump out air bag out the only thing not to go out is the check engine light now the transmission 1&2 shift fork is broke plus 3 set of ignition modules. I have never seen such poor excuse for a car ever 6ok and all this vw should be ashamed to sell a car like this the Yugo seems to be a better choice!!!!!!

Mostly Good

Heatherdear, 04/19/2009
Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

For the most part, my Beetle was a good car. It was small, easy to park, fun to drive, and got fairly good gas mileage. However, it seemed like every 4-5 months it had to go to the shop to get worke on because something went wrong. I went to the Post Office once and when I went to leave, the brake sensor went out so the car wouldn't recognize that I had my foot on the brake so I couldn't take the car out of park. It had to get the coils on several cylinders replaced multiple times. There were other issues as well but I still enjoyed the car. I can honestly say that in a bad accident, the has great safety features, providing miniscule injuries.

Volkswagn Turbo S Review

Claire Henrichs, 01/01/2003

Absolutely awesome car! Fun to drive. Super fast pickup and excellent performance.

2002 Turbo S

John Parrish, 02/15/2003

Absolutely fun to drive. Has been therapy for a hard working professional that enjoys performance in a vehicle and some fuel economy to boot.

12345...6