2018 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

A lot of car for the money
By Aikiman

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Edmunds’ review is lukewarm, but mine isn’t. This car has been engineered with the driver in mind. It’s German roots are everywhere; from the quick acceleration, confident braking, and on-point handling it is a joy to drive.

2018 Wolfsburg
By SoCal City Driver

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love my Jetta. It may not have all the added features that others in its class offer but this car is solid and, so far, damn near perfect. The ride and handling are firm but compliant/comfortable. GREAT steering that is precise with decent feedback and braking ranks high as well. I always feel I have complete control of the car and that it's eager to do my bidding. My Wolfsburg has two-tone black/white Vtech upholstery that looks sharp, feel great and, I imagine, will wear extremely well. The interior is conservative but logical and will hold up over time without gratuitous angles, unnecessary trim and gimmicks. The 1.4 liter little-engine-that-could is a star in my book. It GOES when you ask it to with no discernible drama except for the awesome little growl that the engineers gave it - always puts a smile of my face and prompts more jackrabbit starts than are necessary but, hey, fun! Gas mileage is as advertised, another plus. The transmission seemed a little twitchy at first but after a brief break-in it seems to have gotten used to my driving style; shifts are smooth, predictable and effortless. My ONE beef is the audio system - the base system is adequate but not a star. Bluetooth is quick and stable, a good thing, and the phone syncs well but the audio quality is not stellar and the controls are clunky. I will likely upgrade to better speakers at some point but for now, as I said, adequate. Overall, though, I LOVE my Jetta.

2018 Jetta not bad
By Roger

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My first Jetta ever. Pretty speedy little car with good trunk space. Glad I got heated seats and mirrors. Great highway miles per gallon. Overall average is what they say, about 32 per gallon. Don't have to fill her often.

Stylish but somewhat misleading
By Disappointed Customer

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T SE Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is priced fair for quality. I traded in a BMW X5 and I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of the interior materials (cheap cloth like fabric). The back up camera is awful and there are no alerts to tell you if you're getting close to anything. There is no navigation equipped unless you download an app on your phone and plug in to usb and then your phone is disabled from all other operations and use. You get gray blank squares across your screen for all radio stations because the HD radio doesn't get signal in most areas. MPG is nowhere near what they claim, mid to upper 20's at best. You will get periodic message on radio screen when you put it in reverse that will say "Park pilot currently unavailable". This is because the cars don't come equipped with it but computer shows malfunction because it's searching for something that isn't there. Extremely frustrating!!!!!! I've taken it to dealer and there is no fix! Just be aware that this is common issues with the VWs.

If you can get in:
By Edna Vezza

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I’m having difficulty getting accustomed to this new VW Jetta. (1) I’m short. With seat and steering wheel set for me, it’s difficult getting in and out using driver’s door. If seat adjustments were automated, this wouldn’t be a major problem, but with manual control, it is. (2) There’s no back window wiper. (3) There’s no dome light. The front inside lights work in same way the dome light does, but doesn’t illuminate the back seat area. I think this is a safety concern. (4) There are no storage pockets behind the front seat. (5) Dashboard construction doesn’t allow easy key insertion. If you have anything attached to your key ring, it takes some juggling to start the car. (6) The plug-in for charging under the radio is misplaced. If you leave the plug-in plugged in, it restricts the opening to the storage area. (7) When remote control is used to open the trunk, it pops open only about 1 inch. (8) There is no beeping/warning sound connected to backup camera.