2018 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

If you can get in:
By Edna Vezza

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I’m having difficulty getting accustomed to this new VW Jetta. (1) I’m short. With seat and steering wheel set for me, it’s difficult getting in and out using driver’s door. If seat adjustments were automated, this wouldn’t be a major problem, but with manual control, it is. (2) There’s no back window wiper. (3) There’s no dome light. The front inside lights work in same way the dome light does, but doesn’t illuminate the back seat area. I think this is a safety concern. (4) There are no storage pockets behind the front seat. (5) Dashboard construction doesn’t allow easy key insertion. If you have anything attached to your key ring, it takes some juggling to start the car. (6) The plug-in for charging under the radio is misplaced. If you leave the plug-in plugged in, it restricts the opening to the storage area. (7) When remote control is used to open the trunk, it pops open only about 1 inch. (8) There is no beeping/warning sound connected to backup camera.

It’s speedy
By T. Mil

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the zip of this car. It’s compact but not confining. Fits two adults and 3 kids ranging from 13-4 with a car seat just fine.

Not different than 2016
By Aleks

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very uncomfortable and not fun to drive in the city. Transmission is acting slippery. Trunk is very low. As always horrible resale value. Cruise control won’t hold downhill (be careful!) buy used Jetta 3016 or 2017 and save $10K

A zippy sports sedan without a high price tag
By LF

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T SE Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I LOVE my new 2018 Jetta. I have the Sports model and I could not be happier with it. I have been a loyal VW driver for 18 years and this car does not disappoint.The exterior is so slick looking and eye catching. I love the way it gets looks when I am driving and the "invitation" to "race" from much more expensive cars, has me gleeful every time.. The interior is also quite sleek. The black headliner and all black interior is so sexy. The driver's seat fits me and is comfortable, unlike the seats in the 2015 Golf (my previous car). The infotainment center has undergone a huge upgrade and it is so easy to use, practical and fun. There are not a lot of bells and whistles but I don't need them. The only things I miss from my Golf are the sunshade extenders and having air/heat vents in the back seat. Why aren't there any there? I think this is a major design flaw. I also wish the stereo was heftier. The speakers are already in need of some tune up and it has only been a month. I am enjoying the more comfortable ride of the Jetta. It is smooth and responsive. It feels like it is "floating" over the road in a good way. The acceleration is quick (but not as zippy as the Golf) and the car feels heavy and safe. I am getting used to the keyless entry. I don't love that ....and I am so happy to have the ENORMOUS trunk. I adore this car. I look forward to (hopefully) many years of fun and safe driving.

Fantastic
By William

2018 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is our third Jetta since 2014, all 5sp manual. The 2014 was very roomy, comfortable, reliable. The 2.0 engine was underpowered and poor fuel economy (26 avg), but great budget car. We then bought a new 2016 jetta S. The 1.4 turbo engine and gearing changes made this car perfect. Plenty of power and avg 36mpg. A tree fell on the car and forced another purchase. The 2017 was identical, with addition of LED daytime running lights. We get 36mpg city and 42mpg highway. The best part is we bought the last two in mid July, they were on sale for $13,000. Last year I rented a Chevrolet Malibu for a 1400 mile drive in 2 days. Mpg was 35 and very uncomfortable. I just made a 2 day 1400 mile drive in the Jetta, 42mpg and plenty comfortable. Love this car.