Skip to main content

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great overall car, maintenance is key to go 200k+ miles

vwguy84, 05/06/2014
Volkswagen Jetta GT 4dr Sedan

I owned 2 VWs on the past, a 02 Jetta Wolfsburg, and 03 Gti , both 1.8t 5spds. I recently got rid of my newer truck to go back to No payments, and found a 1997 Jetta Gt black with black leather w/140k miles this past January. This car has been awesome, ive taken great care of her, since it was a 1 owner and interior is immaculate with no rips and paint looks new. mechanically car seems very sound, especially on the freeway, its very smooth. Ive had a few hiccups with car, such as gas gauge not always working or power door locks not working on driver side, but its expected with a older car. I plan to do a full overhaul and tune up to car in next 6 months, glad i finally own MK3 JETTA.

5 out of 5 stars

A fun Car

donm, 05/22/2002
Volkswagen Jetta GT 4dr Sedan

You will not be disappointed in this car!! Great acceleration, handling and ride!! Get your hands on one if you can.

4 out of 5 stars

I'm still happy with my Jetta GT.

Romael, 08/22/2003
Volkswagen Jetta GT 4dr Sedan

I’ve had no problems for the first 4 years. Luckily it came without power windows. The alarm work sporadically but now not at all. The battery was replaced once. The molding was a problem until I found that epoxy and tape together holds longer. Pretty expensive to maintenance after warranty expired until I found a reasonable non- dealer VW Expert. With routine maintenance and only 1 driver it’s been a great car. I’m constantly getting offers from young people to buy it.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Made me a VW fan for life.

Gunar, 09/23/2010
Volkswagen Jetta GT 4dr Sedan

I got this car 6 years ago for my 16th birthday. I was the first of my friends to be able to drive. The car had just hit 100,000 when I got it... Being the only one who could drive I was always loading my Jetta (we named it Ronald) with friends and going all over the place. It's never let me down. It's still running, and I bet it's going to run for quite a long time more. I've put 65,000 miles on it in 6 years, with only routine maintenance, and it's still chugging along as great at it was when I got it... The VR6 has TONS of get up and go, and people are amazed how fast this thing will get going when I put my foot down. This is my first Volkswagen, and it's NOT going to be my last one.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Fun

jojo, 03/04/2002
Volkswagen Jetta GT 4dr Sedan

I love this car, fun to drive