Used 2013 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Excellent car

Jim, 07/10/2019
2.5L PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my Golf almost 4 years ago, drove in Germany in the 90's a Golf too. I am really impressed with this 2.5l version and this 6 speed automatic transmission. So much power and driving is so much fun. Now 102000 miles and still go like a bought it.

5 out of 5 stars

one of the best cars on the road everyone loves it

steven mckay, 09/19/2015
2.0L TDI 4dr Hatchback w/Tech Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

love this car, and my son does too. i am almost 300 pounds and stand 6 foot 4. i fit in it just fine and so can three other men my size plus my son loves it. the mpg is amazing. get the tune intake and exhaust done and you'll get over 50mpg. pros: everything from mpg to comfort handling and over all quality. cons: the transmission needs to be serviced every 40000 and its expensive. if you don't get the transmission tuned with an aftermarket tune you'll notice a hesitation for half a second when going from a stop to pulling out in traffic. depending on your driving style could be dangerous. the aftermarket tune corrects this issue or if you like to leave your car stalk just drive safer.

Groovy Golf

Clair Langmaid, 03/14/2016
2.5L PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned this Golf for 3 1/2 years and the only problem, which is a big one, is the well-publicized diesel emission control scandal. I get low 30s gas mileage in town and nearly 50 MPG on the road, which is great. I'm probably going to trade it for a gas powered VW since I've had great luck with the VWs and Audis over the years. I still don't know for sure what VW is going to do about the emission problem. If an inexpensive fix would be available, I'd probably keep it. It's a blast to drive. Update: In April, I traded my Golf in for a Passat SE. The dealer gave me a great deal in light of the emissions litigation. The Passat is more comfortable, but not nearly a fun to drive. Gas mileage is so-so. I miss the torque of the Golf, especially, even though the Passat is turbo charged. I'm reasonably satisfied under the circumstances.