Used 2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

$11,000 rolling time bomb

jammicpia, 06/01/2010
TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Welcome to my nightmare. Vehicle: 2010 Golf TDI, DSG Mileage: less than 5,000 Ownership: four months The initial symptoms: humming sound from the engine, flashing glow plug light, and reduced power. Dealer diagnosis: Destroyed fuel system due to contaminated diesel fuel. The upshot: $11,000 damage NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. Massachusetts Division of Standards show no other reports of problems from the 4 stations where I had fueled my car. Would not have bought the TDI if I'd know that there was a chance, even a remote one, that during the warranty period and operating the vehicle according to instructions I might incur $11,000 damage that is not covered by the warranty.

Great Car

Heat, 01/17/2010
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I owned a 2007 Mazda 3 Grand Touring prior to the Golf. I was test driving the new Mazda 2010 5 Door hatch, and I almost bought one until I test drove the golf. Well the Golf beats the Mazda 3 hands down. The build quality of the Golf is absolutely better. The interior nothing but pure quality and design. The 170hp 5 cylinder is very powerful, more powerful than the new Mazda 3's 2.5. If your considering a Mazda3, test drive a Golf. You will be quite surprised.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Never Look Back

mrtoad, 08/01/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've driven this car for five full months now and it has performed beyond my expectations. Around the neighborhood or across the state, wonderful! I initially thought the seats too firm. Negative. I've got a bad back and for the first time in years, I can make a six hour drive and still walk standing straight-up. Performance is excellent for 170 HP motor and the build quality far exceeds the Asian rivals. The quiet on the highway is almost eerie. It is quite amazing how much gear you can store in the cargo area WITHOUT laying the seat-backs down. All of this and the Golf comes with a functional rear seat, 26 mpg in town and 35 on the highway. Such a deal!

Fast, frugal and fun!!!

jbartuski, 03/27/2013
2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Bought early December 2012. Had only 27k on the odometer. Mine is a silver 5-speed 2.5L... base everything... only option is the Cold Weather package. So far I absolutely love this thing. It's sharp looking without being too flashy or attracting unwanted attention. Sub 8 second 0-60 times... and a huge grin every time you take a corner. Tiny outside but will swallow giant items. It's very safe, cheap to insure, and economical at the gas pump. No problems to report after 5,000 miles with the car itself. El cheapo standard equipment Conti tires are garbage, and will soon be replaced. They do not hold air in cold weather.

2010 Golf TDI 4dr Silver

Tom, 10/09/2010
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Was in market for a bit 'more' than a Civic or Corolla (last car I owned). The Golf seems more solid, quiet, smooth, I mean it's very smooth, no engine vibration. Seats are firm, handling is good, but, if you really push it, you will want the GTI - which I considered, but wanted the TDI (for the mileage). I am getting 44.1 mpg (so far), city/highway. Had minor problem with oil leak - dealer said bad O-ring on intercooler. Had to wait 2 days for part, but dealer set me up with (free) loaner. Not all bad I guess. This car is FUN to drive. Hit the radio, open the sunroof, and Drive! It simply has a much better driving feel when compared to similar cars, and the 6 speed manual is VERY smooth!!

12345...15