Used 2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

No regrets

motorstreet, 11/03/2011
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is a great car, it's roomy, fun to drive, really well built, pretty fast, and incredibly fuel-efficient. I get 43-45 mpg in my commute, mid 50's on the highway (I got 59 mpg recently), and mid 30's in the city. The Golf is surprisingly good in the winter (I put snow tires on it), it got through over foot of snow in my driveway pretty easily last winter. This car constantly surprises me with its talents.

5 out of 5 stars

In a class all it's own.

Denster2u, 09/22/2010
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've read many reviews about this car and price keeps coming in to play regarding the market this car competes in. I'd have to say this is a truly premium, upscale compact car with engineering and sophistication unmatched by the likes of the Mazda 3, Honda Civic, and others not worth mentioning. The execution of the VW Golf from top to bottom, including materials and build quality, refinement, comfort, and ride and handling is in a class all it's own. I thinks it's worth every penny extra over it's competitors. This is truly a driving enthusiast's car, with fuel efficiency that rivals many hybrids.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Amazing value!

Sin, 06/18/2010
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

You really get a lot for your money with the 2010 Golf. The VW is a bit pricier than its competition, but you get what you pay for, because unlike its competitors it's no tin can! Everything about this car is top notch. It handles well with very tight, and responsive steering. The Golf is well isolated from road noise, suspension soaks up bumps, and wind noise is so subdued it's almost nonexistent. The overall fit and finish is a cut above previous generations and feels more 3-series than corolla. After all, it didn't win "World Car of the Year" award for nothing. Let's be honest, the Golf is the only car in its class that you wouldn't be ashamed to take your date in to a 5-star restaurant.

5 out of 5 stars

Volkswagen makes a profit at this price?

Kris K, 07/27/2010
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I was driving an '08 HCH, and I couldn't help but think something was missing- any sense of driving excitement. I then test-drove this car, and that was it. I can't believe that I'm achieving the same frugality as my previous car, only with a healthy dose of fun-to-drive, freeway-passing torque to go with it (I describe it as "my old car, but with stones (edited)"). I've heard stories about VW reliability, but at 4,100 miles (and a lead-footed average of 40mpg), I have yet to see something go wrong. From the solidity to the materials to the robust powertrain, I find it hard to believe VW is making a profit at this price. It's an excellent car that covers all points of debate favorably.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My first VW!

dmo, 08/18/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After searching all the other cars in its class I decided the Golf was in a class of its own. So far I have had the car for a month and a half. I love the styling and drivablility. I have put 4200 miles on it going to work and a long road trip and it has been phenomenal. All driver controls are nice and trip computer was awesome on the road trip. I am getting better mileage than what is average and I drive it like it is supposed to be driven not babying it at all. So far couldn't ask for a better car. The only thing I have added since buying is the adjustable arm rest. I am 6 ft and 230 lbs and the car fits me fine

12345...15