Used 2013 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews

Used CC for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

2 weeks in

lotsofpaper, 12/19/2012
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded in my 2009 370z for this car, really like the interior quality, it's amazingly great. Everything is solid no issues with anything. The power is of course severly less than my 370z but was becoming increasingly tired of all the teens racing me or trying to keep up. Anyway I wanted something that reflected me a lot better and this sedan does it. S mode with DSG is very good for a 2.0 engine! Very quiet, smooth, and a looker especially at night from the rear cars will slow down and stare at it. If you want something less common get this car its solid. Skip the sunroof its 3K more and it only tilts 1 inch (not worth it, for me). Love driving it!

5 out of 5 stars

My only regret was that it was leased not bought

Mollari 2261, 08/14/2015
Sport 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

3 years / 30 miles and there wasn't a thing wrong with it. It was actually heartbreaking to turn it in at the end of the lease. Everything I needed this car to do, it did extremely well. It was roomy, comfy, very stylish, practically luxurious, fun to drive, good on gas, and it never gave me a lick of trouble. Replacing this with a leased Jetta was like going to Arby's after dining at Morton's Steak House. While I lease that miserable car, I'm saving up to *buy* another CC.

Speedy, agile and noisy

k-unker, 03/07/2018
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I own VW CC 2013 since January 2013. 5+ years and overall, I am pretty happy about it. I had ZERO issues with this car for all these five years. The only part that I replaced was the battery, but it's mostly maintenance thing rather than a "real repair." The engine is very tunable. I re-flashed the stock ECU with APR Stage 1 and did the same for DSG transmission, and this car is speedy. I would say that's one of the best things you can do with your 2.0t VW and if you have any doubts - do it. It worth the money. The car is very agile on a back mountain roads, and the drive is somewhat on the sporty side (however, that's not a sports car). Steering feel is num, but it's precise enough to make you confident on a freeway. What I don't like. 1) Sound insulation. The car is noisy, especially on bad pavement. It is loud and rough, and I will make you sure - you are going to feel every bump on the road. I spent 2500$ on sound deadening, and it did not help. 2) Rattles and squeaks. The dashboard rattles, and that isn't very pleasant. These rattles and squeaks are especially noticeable when the outside temperature is a bit low. 3) DSG is not a smooth transmission. If you push it hard, it jerks a lot. 4) Tons of "oversteer" after putting Stage 1. This car has to be all-wheel-drive! UPDATE. I own this car for 7.5 years now, and this is my daily driver. I put 44k miles on it (not a lot, I don't drive too much). I am changing the oil every 5k miles, which twice more frequent than the owner manual recommends. I had no issues so far. The vehicle still drives like new. The stage-1 tune is there yet, no problems whatsoever. Nowadays, this CC feels very outdated. Everything is very basic, lots of hard plastic, etc. But all materials still hold up quite nicely. There are no cracks, fading, or other damages neither to the interior or exterior. I still have the original brake pads and rotors. The maintenance I've done: 1) Oil changes every 5k miles 2) I change the engine air filter with every oil change 3) DSG liquid flush 4) New battery after five years (the old one died) 5) New spark plugs 6) New set of tires at 22k mileage because I wouldn't say I liked the stock ones.

1 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

3.88 out of 5 stars

CC burns oil

oldlawyer, 01/14/2013
Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I drive this car in rural and interstate highway conditions. Unlike some, I find it to be very powerful, and I think it handles very well though it is not a racing car. And it also provides excellent fuel economy. I would say that, after 21,000 miles, it has met all of my expectations while leaving me with one major disappointment: The CC burns oil. This is a quote from the owner's manual: "Depending on the way the vehicle is driven and the operating conditions, oil consumption can be up to 1 quart per 1,200 miles (0.5•fiter per 1,000 km). Consumption may be higher for new vehicles during the first 3,000 mile.s (5,000 km)." I think this is absolutely no standard at all.

A Week into it, I love my 2013 CC LUX

lasubeguy, 01/04/2013
Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just took delivery of my new 2013 CC LUX in black oak brown with the two-tone tan/black interior and I LOVE this car! It is elegant, sporty, plenty quick enough for me and beautifully designed both inside and out. I still am astonished at how much people have complained about the grille redesign of the CC. It is relatively minor, and the car still reeks of German style and engineering (and, by the way, unlike the Passat and Jetta, is still made in Germany). It has the tight, "hard" Teutonic ride of a German car, but is also comfortable. The electronics, controls in the cabin and knobs and buttons all feel high quality and operate smoothly. The overall feeling of the car is quite Audi-like.

12345...8