Used 2013 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews

Used CC for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Very good for 30 months, then......

13vwcc20t, 10/07/2015
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The good: The car really drives very good, it has a responsive 2.0L turbo, great steering, slick DSG gearbox and is all around a fun to drive sporty sedan. It's also plenty roomy despite the low roofline and has ample trunk space. The bad: I hit 39K after about 30 mos. and things started to go wrong. First was a leaky shaft seal, then a bad water pump, now I'm having an issue with the adaptive headlamps. I didn't buy an ext. warranty because I never intended to keep the car past 50K? Big mistake. By the time I get the headlamp fiasco resolved I will be out about $2000 in repair, which is simply totally unacceptable. The xenon adaptive headlamps are really impressive, but be advised those xenon bulbs are extremely expensive. To replace one will run you $350-450! Why? largely due to the cost of the bulb/transformer and the fact that the entire front bumper cover must be removed to change the bulb? In summary, it's starting to feel like a "fragile" car, not something anyone desires.

vr6 4motion - 5 years later

slk528, 05/31/2013
VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Car continues running like a top. There have been no issues mechanically and the car continues to operate flawlessly. I would buy another if they offered it with a V6. I wanted a mid-size awd car that's comfortable, looks great, gets decent mpg's despite Boston traffic and had nice options for a good price. This car has it all. I had a fully loaded 550i and this car has more options at half the price and it's faster too. Build quality is terrific. I hope it lasts me a long time. Update I've now owned this three years and it's been great. Nice performance, fantastic features that are usually found in cars that cost a lot more, great in the snow and it's fairly inexpensive to maintain. Update I usually dont keep cars for a long period of time, but it's been a trusted friend for the last 4 years. Knock on wood, it's very reliable, comfortable and still has a lot of go. My kids will get to have it when I'm ready to pass it on.

CC has its moments

LS260395, 11/02/2016
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just traded my 2013 CC after 4 yrs. and 67K. Many things to like about these cars, clean coupe like styling, great seats, above average steering/handling, 2.0T pulls strong, slick shifting DSG, terrific ergonomics, decent fuel economy(averaged 25.5 mpg). The bad news is.......when these cars have problems, it's going to cost you. The xenon headlamps are great, but each bulb/transformer will set you back $300. The car went through 3 batteries (the 2.0T generates a lot of heat), the water pump went out at about 35K, I had 2 oil leaks, etc...The moral to the story here is you will need a warranty on this car and even with that the maintenance feels more like an Audi or Porsche than a VW.

Thrilled with the CC

pawwap, 08/23/2012
Sport Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The German built CC is an excellent blend of performance, style and value. The 2.0 turbo engine is very peppy and responsive. A friend who recently drove my relatively new CC Sport was sure it was a 6 cylinder from its pick up. I have gotten up to 34.5 mpg on a combined road and street drive, that with the required premium gas. Generally, in town mileage has been about 26 mpg. The interior is very elegant and at a price that is much more reasonable than the VW's German counterparts. While I have had it only a short time, I traded in my 7 year old Passat (the best car I have ever owned) to get this snazzy sedan. I am so far, thrilled each time I get into the CC.

Still very happy

Mack, 08/30/2016
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I admit I bought this car primarily because I love the way that it looks and how it feels very upscale compared to other cars in this category. I love the way that it drives and to me the fuel economy is pretty good. (most of my previous cars have been 6 cylinders or V8's). Problem is that I drive alot, when I can, and this car is a let down for reliability. In the past year I have had to replace the Mass Air Flow sensor, Some other sensor a day after that one, the water pump, and now the engine control module. $880.00 and I am just out of warranty. I work for AAA but would rather not have so many personal testimonials about our Emergency Road Service. 2017. I have driven more than 50,000 miles since purchasing this car. There were a few maintenance issues when I first got the car but since that time it has been great. I really enjoy the way it drives. It is great on gas especially for long drives which I typically drive between California and Oregon. And it is still a head turner with the sleek design. 2019 I still have this car and it actually has been more reliable than I expected after the initial issues that I had with the car. It has been in a collision but is still very solid and free. 2020 . Only driving to work these days. Car is still solid and rattle free. Little things are showing wear. Arm rest on the drivers door has cracked vinyl. Interior lights won’t come on when I open the door even when I correct the settings. 149, 000 miles and still solid performance

12345...8