Used 2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

It's a real truck folks!

tlmiller, 03/02/2014

Had a 2012 and loved it. Now I have a 2014 and I like it even better. I like my trucks to ride firm and have power to do it all. This delivers on both counts and is the best looking truck on the road. The interior is huge and functional with everything I need within reach. It'll pass anything but a gas pump, but that's what a real truck can do. I drove them all and the others drove heavy and soft to me. I don't need a car ride. If you're looking for a "TRUCK", this is the one for you.

This is what American (Texas built) quality is all about

harddriver1965, 05/15/2015
SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Details: 5.7L, CrewMax, TRD Purchased 3/2014 Mileage: 16000 Best way to describe this truck is a 3/4 ton in a 1/2 ton package. It has all the capability of any gas 1/2 ton on the market with the added reliability of Toyota and proud Texans to stand behind it(Built in San Antonio, TX).

Best full-size truck on the market.

btinaz, 01/02/2015
SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 5.7 v8 s a great motor. On paper it gets an mpg or two less that Ford & Chevy (forget Ram...it's a Fiat now) but with the cost of a similar setup (crewcab, 4x4 and most powerful motor) the cost of the Tundra was several thousand less than the others so you still end up paying less when calculating all of this in. The truck has great power at any speed-destroys Ford/Chevy in passing. I have about 15k miles on it now and have had zero problems unlike what is reported from Ford, GM & Fiat owners. Test drive this truck before making a decision to purchase the others - you won't be disappointed. And to put a final shine on it the truck is build in TX without the UAW shtank wafting from it. UPDATE 7/3/2017. Three and half years of owning /driving and the only time I have been inconvenienced was a dead battery- have had zero mechanical issues. Still wouldn't trade it for any other full-size UNLESS I was not going to put more than 10k miles per year AND only to go with a top trim level where other makers start to outshine the Tundra. For SR5 4x4 level trim the Tundra is still the smart, reliable purchase.

Not at the mechanic shop anymore

Kyle, 03/20/2016
SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best truck. I've had fords Chevy and dodges and they all stink compared to this truck. Only negatives to this truck is gas mileage and the seats stain easy if you don't have leather. The gas mileage cost is made up through not having to pay the mechanic for repairs

Like the Tundra

bretn, 09/26/2014

Overall I like the Tundra, have a 6"lift on it and it looks nice. The turning radius is not quite what I would like it to be. Like someone else said, the carpet is a little thin, which means it will wear fast, if you don't put some liners in. The back seat is the roomiest I have ever seen (the kids like it better). We have had other Toyota's and have been pleased with the overall satisfaction. The stereo could be a little better, I like my music loud and its not loud enough, though the sound is good. Power booster maybe?

5 stars however not 100%

Florian Barbu, 09/06/2016
1794 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

All in all a fantastic ride. Great truck, reliable, good looking and spacious. There are 2 small things that did not let me go for a 100% satisfaction rating. The plastic door covers feels and looks bad in comparison with the entire interior. The cherry on the cake is the fact that speakers are either not sealed perfect in place or that plastic is not overlapping close over the holding screws. The bass vibration from the stereo is so bad and it does not matter if the bass is off and treble high you can still don't get the sound this car's entertainment system should give you out of those speakers. So if your plastic covers and sound is not your thing 100% will love it. I did, don't get me wrong however I for a premium price i was expecting a premium car. Almost.

Best Truck Yet

brett42, 04/13/2015
SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. It pull like crazy, handles my trailer plus a load without any hesitation over Colorado passes to boot. It's the most comfortable truck I have ever owned..had Fords since I could drive..40 years! The 4.3 rear end is the best and while a little better fuel economy would be nice, by far I prefer the power. All my Fords except my 68 with a 390 cid were under powered. This thing loves to tow. The room in the bed is excellent and the way the seats fold up in the back for more room is brilliant. Some reviewers whine about no brake controller..I say get over it. I like the one I got to choose by myself. The install took 10 minutes..big deal!! I love this truck and won't go back.

Dependable, Reliable, Thirsty

beaverfood, 04/12/2014
Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wish the new ones (2019) got better gas mileage, and had Apple Play, but I'll be getting one anyway. This time it will be a 1794. This will be my 3rd Tundra. I'll be moving my snowplow to the 1794. In the past, I've owned 2 F-150's, and 4 or 5 Silverado's. All had problems, with the last Silverado having 5 complete electrical failures. I also had a Chrysler product somewhere in the past, that had serious rust issues after just 2 years. So, I feel I'm buying the best in a Tundra. I also own a 2016 RAV4.

New 1794 Tundra

thepieman, 10/08/2013

Bought the new 1794, the truck is a masterpiece, I have a 2013 work truck Tundra and the interior of this truck was dated, the improvement is needed and has been thought out well, the voice activation is good although it takes some getting used to, but saves having to take your eye of the road to press buttons on a screen. The sat nav works well and a nice touch is that when you get close to a turn, you get a display on your drivers screen console. The engine is the same, it is a lovely powerful motor, but it likes a drink! The build quality seems top class, although the carpet is a bit thin and not the quality it should be. The ride is the most comfortable i've driven.

Too much missing and poor fuel economy

customsmn, 07/24/2014
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2014 Tundra 1794 edition. The more I drive it the more disappointment in what is missing from Toyota's highest line truck. Since newly designed for 2014 I expected more than what you get. No push button start as on most toyotas, keyfob not linked to memory seats, no lane change turn signals, no trailer brake controller, you can add aftermarket, just looks like an add on, only two door switches are lit, not even memory switches lit, no power lock on tailgate, no default for in call volume on bluetooth phone and even when on MAX setting not great, no rain sensing wipers, slow GPS nav. LED lights front not back,Good truck but could use some updated equipment. Update, I see that the newer Tundras have corrected some of the missing items I think should be on a high line vehicle but many are still missing and EPA mileage remains the same. Mileage remained the same until sold in Sept 2016. Very disappointed that the 2018 model though getting the Toyota safety package will still have the same gas guzzling engine and still not even get the touch start with proximity key. Toyota builds a good truck but needs to step up its ability to offer current technology when it becomes available instead of waiting years to add it. Traded the Tundra for 2018 Tundra, still think they are a great truck but still lack too much. Electronic safety has ben updated and new fancy LED headlights but tail lights remain old style bulbs. Still no proximity key or push button start or no adjustable pedals. Fuel mileage remains less than stellar at about 14 overall average, within the posted Toyota limits but I believe they can do better.

51050