Used 2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Great Truck, but You Need to Know...

the3rdfinger, 11/11/2011
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased this truck used with 100,000 miles on it. Since then I have discovered two things you need to watch out for on this truck: 1. The 4.7L V8 is an interference engine. The service interval is 90,000 miles. If you allow the timing belt to break, it will destroy the valves. Be sure you take this maintenance item into consideration. Have the water pump and idler/tensioner pulleys replaced at the same time you have the belt serviced. Expect to pay $500-$900 for parts and labor. 2. Toyota has issued several recalls for excessive frame corrosion. Check to be sure the frame is not excessively corroded and that the recall items are taken care of.

Great truck

Jo, 12/11/2009
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck new about 8 years ago. I love my truck. V-8 is always responsive, no hesitation, a/c works great even in south Mississippi summers. Transmission is as flawless as the day it was born. The interior has held up wonderfully, only one temp control knob has split on the inside, looking for a new one! On long trips, it's good for about 8 hours before my back gets sore. Exterior has also held up well due to frequent oil changes, tire rotations and wash and wax frequently and this truck will last. No rust. Bed is smaller than a full size pickup, but this is great for parking and moving small loads. Big loads I use the trailer hitch and find a trailer.

2002 Tundra SR5

Hardball, 12/12/2006
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable truck. I have had problems with front brake rotors warping. Currently on my 4th set of rotors. Other than rotors warpping the build quality has been excellent. The truck is 5 years old and still is in excellent condition. Current mileage is 86,000.

Very Happy w/ My '02 Tundra

1968 Camaro Conv, 06/14/2003
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When Toyota first advertised the new '00 Tundra, what interested me was the emphasis placed on the Tundra’s new I-Force V8 engine. After waiting two years and tracking the success of the Tundra, I decided to test drive this truck and immediately knew that this was a well build truck. I’ve driven this truck across the USA with no problems. I also have used this truck to haul wood and for towing. The 4X4 works well both off- road and on wet/snow covered pavement. The anti-locking brakes also works well on icy and gravel roads. I highly recommended the anti-locking brakes. I’m very pleased with this truck and will buy another Tundra.

2001 V8 Tundra

minder1, 08/04/2002
4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you want the best mid- to full- size pickup this is it for regular use, this is it! If you want an oversize truck for towing extra large loads (above 7500 lbs.) and are willing to compromise on quality/reliability buy a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge. This vehicle is clearly superior and is an excellent tow vehicle for loads under 7500 lbs. The Lexus derived V8 is amazing. Unlike a previous reviewer, always test drive before you buy. I am 6'1" and seating is very spacious.

12345...6