Skip to main content

Used 2019 Toyota Tacoma SR 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:

Not the same Tacoma

Mike, 01/16/2019
SR 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2009 Tacoma I drove for ten years and 135K miles for this 2019 Tacoma. I loved the 2009 Tacoma! The 2.7 L motor was a tad bit under-powered for that truck, but it was sufficient. The same 2.7L motor in this 2019 Tacoma is too small for the heavier, larger truck. The transmission has to downshift a lot when driving into a moderate headwind or going up a small incline. The rear differential has a noticeable and annoying whine at 45 and 60 mph. I like the interior and body, but the drive train makes me wish I had bought something else..

Worst Tacoma ever

disappointed, 07/25/2019
SR 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned every generation of Tacoma. I love it. My last one was a 2013 Access Cab SR5, which was totaled in a T-bone collision. I bought the 2019 Tacoma 2.7L, which, is a total disappointment to me. Engine is severely under powered. Transmission shifts all the time. Fuel efficiency is worse than before. El cheapo plastics everywhere. The security features (collision radar and lane sensor) are useless beyond marketing gimmicks - you the driver, not sensors, is the ultimate safety assurance. The only positive I can think of is the looks. I'm very disappointed.

noise from Transmission

Ocpoolguy, 01/02/2020
SR 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my tacoma for just over a year. When new there was a slight moaning-ringing type of noise that would happen on acceleration up hills. I didn’t mention this to the dealer at my first service but did talk about it with a friend that purchased the same truck about the same time. He hadent noticed any strange noise. The noise became worse and it would happen all the time seeming just before shifting and stop as soon as it shifted into the next gear. On my second service I told the dealer about the noise and they asked me to drive with someone to demonstrtate the noise. We went for a drive the noise was verified. Engine oil and service was done as well as an AC not blowing cold issue that was repaired under warranty. When I picked the truck up I was told the service was done, the A/C was fixed but they could not verify the transmission noise and was asked to go on another test drive. Drive we did and the noise was gone and my invoice stated could not verify noise from transmission. Now the noise will still happen but not as loud and only acceleration on hills like it did when new. My concern and thoughts are that there was possibly an additive added to the Transmission fluid and it may keep the ultimate failure of the transmission to happen after the warranty period ends. I am considering about sending a fluid sample to one of the testing labs and see the results. Other than that this makes a great work truck.

BAD TACOMA

Lloyd Chappell, 08/08/2020
SR 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I was not very happy with my new 2019 4cyl. tacoma, It ran like there was a Governor controlling the engine , as it felt like the engine was missing, starving for fuel , vaccumn leak or something that was causing my new Tacoma to run very poorly with only 2000 miles and 3 visits to the dealer , with a prognosis that - No CODES - NO PROBLEMS. I wasted a lot of time with Arbitration with NCDS and TOYOTA , and was very frustrated with the truck let alone the process. All wanted was my truck to run smooth as it should. Toyota Rep. testified that my Truck was performing as designed ! I ask for an INDEPENDENT CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN TO TEST DRIVE and report, but I was denied. I have bought a lot of new Vehicles and never had a vehicle to run like my 4 cyl. Conclusion- Never Buy a 4cyl. Tacoma, they do not run smooth. I was so frustrated that to get the monkey off my back , I got rid of mine with only 3200 miles and lost a lot of money.

2019 Tacoma white ( access cab) 4 cyl 2.7 don't bu

Jj, 05/06/2020
SR 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Never ever buy one of these trucks. Way to much money, for a big pos.