Used 2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:
1...56789...23

Pros
Cons

One Dumb Purchase

flemdog, 04/10/2008

There is no position on the heater/AC controls that will shut off outside air from coming in through the vents, which is a problem if you live in a colder climate as I do. The wind noise overpowers conversation and the radio, the wipers make an irritating “thunk/thunk” noise, and the outside temp/compass indicator is difficult enough to read due to a reflective glare. The seat bolsters are narrow and uncomfortable. Gas & brake pedals are too close.

My only vehicle

John, 07/14/2008

I have owned dozens of vehicles, including five 4x4 trucks. I've had Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Jeep and Land Rover, some new, some not. My 2007 Tacoma 4x4 double cab beats them all hands down. By far the best stock 4x4 I have ever driven, let alone owned. I highly recommend this truck as a primary vehicle, especially if you like to take it out into the hills frequently like I do. I put a ToyTec 3" lift in front and 1.5" add a leaf in back. This truck rocks!

Tacoma rating

chopper, 08/10/2008

Although a bit pricey, the Tacoma offers reliability, performance, and is economical to operate for a truck. It pulls a load well, within its capability, although fuel mileage suffers with a loaded trailer. When I trade again, I will opt for the longer bed for convenience. I get over 21 MPG with my Tacoma. Some of the increase might be attributable to having a cab high fiberglass topper and a "cat-back" TRD exhaust system along with a K&N air filter. All in all, it's a great truck !

It's a Truck

King Zhong, 10/13/2008

I bought the truck in Greenville, SC. Moved 2 kayaks, boating & camping gear, coolers, etc., from our van into the truck at the dealership. My son and I headed off into the NC mountains in search of whitewater. The 4x4 system worked great. The truck had enough room for our 2 week trip. The double doors made the Access cab useful. The cab has great storage areas.

2008 Tacoma 4 dr 4x4

jay, 09/28/2007

The best truck on the market. The ride is amazingly comfortable, it's easy to forget you're driving a truck. I traded in a 2001 Tacoma ext cab and I thought that was a great truck. The 2008 is leaps and bounds better. The only knock would be the sound system. I paid the extra money for the "premium" sound system. The performance/sound is disappointing.

1...56789...23