Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best truck I ever owned
By Rick

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the Tacoma Double Cab, Long bed, 4x4, sr5, TRD Sport and has been, by far, the best truck I have ever owned. It has a quiet ride and a very quick 6 cylinder engine and decent gas mileage, around 20 MPG average Highway. This vehicle drives very well in snow and other inclement weather and I always feel safe driving it. Lots of room inside the vehicle. The interior volume is great for comfortably holding people or gear. The dash has a well thought out instrument display and function. Great auto windows, mirrors, cruise control. The climate control is fantastic by heating and cooling quickly and powerfully. The 6 foot cargo bed holds everything I needed it to hold and then some. The adjustable tie downs on the bed rails always came in handy. I appreciate the 12 volt outlet mounted in the bed and used it for air pumps, blenders, and lights. This is my 3rd Tacoma and I would by another with out hesitation. Do yourself a favor and check the Tacoma out; new or used they are built to last!

Great truck and very reliable
By Brian D.

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My truck has been an excellent reliable vehicle for the past nine years. I am the original owner. Mechanically I have not had a single problem. I make sure to get the truck in for all scheduled maintenance. I will buy the same truck when this one wears out.

Dependable...
By Fred

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Tacoma 4x4 new in 2007. It has not caused me one problem other than battery went south in year 6. It is very dependable . I use it to get to our cabin in the winter, goes thru the snow with no problem. The ride is what one would expect from a small 4x4, but not bad. I would recommend thes Tacomas to anyone.

Solid truck with proven results
By Boomer3414

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (4 door) TRD Sport new in 07 and it is hands down one of the best light trucks on the market. It provides a decent towing and cargo capacity and is ok at best on gas. I have NEVER had a problem with this vehicle - NEVER - it is almost 10 years old and gets a lot of use. I have over 100K work miles and off road use and it's dependable enough to get the job done and get me home safe!!! That says a lot for me, it also has one of the highest resale values on the market. Do not listen to the nay sayers that don't even own this vehicle or say that it is not worth it. Check the market and educate yourself. I highly recommend this vehicle and will definitely be purchasing another one in the future. Toyota builds quality vehicles that last and is dependable.

Really overrated.
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

These things have a ton of problems. Rusty frames, rusty broken rear leaf springs. These are not trucks. The beds can deform if hauling heavy loads. The tailgates bend. Interior components fail early and often. Toyota quality does not exist anymore.