2018 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

good family car; poor service. Side Mirror defect
By Kevin Brandon

2018 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

good family car for value. Lots of space, easy to get in and out. We have had two sienna's. 1st the base model, then upgraded to the limited. the limited has really nice features (back up cam, parking assistance / warning system, keyless door entry, heated seats, sound system, etc). My biggest issue and why we may never buy Toyota again (I know I know... but it's been a really bad series of experiences) is (1) their service department at Stapp Interstate Toyota in Northern Colorado has been really dismissive and unresponsive and (2) both side view mirrors click / jostle when accelerating or decelerating. It is a really distracting and started within a year of owning a brand new car (on both mirrors). The customer care team told us this was normal and even tried to tell my wife it was an 'auto adjust' feature. (trust me, the loud 'adjustment' is not normal and happens at random times when accelerating or braking). I took the issue to their management team thinking there is no way a company would try to justify that loose mirror housings on a car are normal but sure enough ... they doubled down. It's really mind blowing. Anyone else have this issue? Otherwise I'll say its a good family car for space and storage. The road noise is high (its a big hollow box) and the moon roof has a little wind noise but this is pretty normal I think. We've had other issues with their service department that aren't worth noting here. I just can't support a vehicle (company) that would sell a vehicle and allow something that appears to be a clearly defective safety feature.

Minivan and Awesome in the Same Sentence!
By Mike Carroll

2018 Toyota Sienna SE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I never thought during my lifetime I would call any minivan awesome, but the 2018 Toyota Sienna SE truly fits that description. I tend to call it the "man's minivan" due to its sporty styling and nearly 300 HP V6. The ride is firm but very smooth both on back-country roads and on the open interstates. Handling is very good and NVH is second to none. There are two things that I would like to see improved on this SE... 1. The 8-speed transmission does a great job at keeping the engine in the right powerband given the situation that is demanded of it but in doing so it shifts A LOT. It would be great if there was a 5 or 6-speed mode when all those gears aren't needed. I know the 8 speeds are necessary to be able to achieve the 1 mpg better fuel economy even though the engine has 30 more horsepower but I suppose I'm just not quite used to that many forward gears! 2. The cupholder located right below the HVAC controls is rather cheap and flimsy, and really looks and feels like an afterthought. All-in-all, this is an awesome minivan that has plenty of cool factor and quite a sleeper when it comes to performance.

Needs full speed range radar cruise
By Steve V

2018 Toyota Sienna Limited Premium 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Still no full speed adaptive cruise. Make an AWD minivan with full speed range adaptive cruise and I will buy it.

Technology, console controls and rattles kill it
By Todd W. Roat

2018 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We just upgraded from a 2005 Sienna to a 2018. And I have to say, overall not happy. Hope 2019 better. The Entune/Nav/Scout is atrocious. Test drove some Hondas and simple google-like nav came up no issues. Sienna Entune/Scout soooo painful (app needed x 2, registrations, pairing, phone has to be on) then final result is clunky at best. I was astonished at how bad it was. In car hot spot super bad. My 5 year old Verizon mifi hotspot was better, we had to use it on a trip. Not to mention the manual talks about setting up Verizon Connet and Verizon site says Verizon Connet will be discontinued?!? WTH? And climate controls are still confusing to us. And AC takes a noticeably long time to get cold compared to previous Sienna or any other car we have.

Other things to look for in the 2019 that I hop they fixed: back passenger seats rattle like crazy, for some reason the front windshield is recessed in the frame and the vertical side channels drivers and passenger side protrude up like a wind scoop of some kind maybe - tons of wind noise at highway speed (weird decision), tranny not very smooth - have to literally be at complete stop before moving again or get some unsmooth tranny issues as it tries to figure out what to do.

If you test drive please try the nav, entune phone paring bluetooth stuff. We did not just assuming it would be simple and easy like all the other vehicles we test drove.

2018 vs 2019 Toyota Sienna
By bobweb

2018 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Mobility Auto Access 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

The 2018s may lose $6,000 the day you drive it out of the showroom. So on labor day 2018, why not buy a new 2019 and get a one year newer car? The Sienna has the reliability of a vehicle that has had only minor design changes over the last few years and the 2019s should be even more reliable. For senior citizens and the handicapped, the Auto Acess Seat (AAS) is a factory installed mobility option that gets you into and out of a rear passenger seat with almost no effort. The Sienna is big enough to go head to head with SUVs in crash tests and has great air bag protections. Driving visibility is more like a pickup truck than a sedan, but the side mirrors, back up camera and warning sensors make up a lot for that as long as your not a habitual lane change driver. The 2019 LE Sienna AAS should have an out the door price of $42K which compares to the same 2018 Sienna OTD price of $38K with a $2250 rebate on the 2018.