Used 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Would not buy it new again.
By Dave

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Sienna new. It listed at almost $40,000 and I paid closer to $35,000 plus more for extras. It is ultimately a disappointment. I bought it because it was supposed to be quieter than the competitors. From day one it has leaked air through the sunroof/moonroof. This makes for a loud and annoying highway ride and is evidence of shoddy quality. I took it back to a Toyota dealership for repair after it also started leaking water into the cabin. They eliminated the leak but did not eliminate the wind noise from an improper fit or seal of the sunroof/moonroof, and just said "it is normal" (even though light shines through the gap between the sunroof/moonroof and body of the vehicle. This was a real disappointment because I had trusted the dealership before this experience. In sum, I would not buy it again and have lost confidence in Toyota, both in terms of quality and service. Other areas of disappointment with the van are (1) the navigation system is horrible, clumsy, and slow, and you cannot look things up while moving. This makes it virtually useless. We bought the vehicle for highway travel, yet we cannot make use of navigation while driving down the road. I just use my cellphone in my hand for navigation. The tires were completely bald by 30,000 miles. The middle-row seats are heavy and difficult to remove, and when removed, a large, lumpy bar is left on the floor so you do not have a flat surface for sleeping/camping or for hauling. The gas mileage is about 20 mpg, which is inferior to my experiences with competitor vehicles. The vehicle's looks are not a strong point, and I recently read that its safety ratings are inferior to competitors. Lastly, the interior is a light shade of leather that is dirtied easily by children, and there are gaps in the floor for sliding the center-row seats that collect trash and dirt, and the carpets have flopped/bent/folded where they should not. In sum, the vehicle has not left us stranded but it has not brought us joy, and for 40,000 dollars including tax and warranty one should get a better experience. The wind noise and lousy nav system are daily reminders that you paid a bunch of money for a flawed product that is also not backed up with thoughtful or capable service. Odysseys are better vans but are overpriced (and they cheapened materials too in 2011); the folding seats in the Chrysler products are superior. Leaky sunroofs are a disaster though and produce considerable regret. I am a married male of average size with tween/teen boys (2).

Lots of room. VERY noisy interior seats-
By carol laituri

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car because of the room inside. We had problems with the engine not always starting when it is hot outside and dealer says “no problems found”. Not fun in 105 degrees heat! After a dozen visits- we gave up!! Back seats constantly rattle and dealer has made adjustments to the tracking system over a dozen times. Nice driving car but I would not buy it again under any conditions. It has 70,000 miles on it now and I’m glad we bought the pre-paid maintenance plan and extended warranty. Van is used only for adults and children have never been in it. I would hate to see what would happen if it had to endure constant wear and tear from children.

Not the same quality from previous Toyota's
By Dee N

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Premium 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Somewhere around 18,000 miles both struts needed to be replaced.....of course after the 3 year warranty was up. Gas mileage not so great - less than 18 MPG combined city/highway. Noisy rattles the dealership never could resolve. Interior material quality poor, front passenger seat developed a crack in the plastic base.

Nice vehicle, just too expensive!!
By LYDIA

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Mobility Auto Access 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were shopping for a wheelchair accessible van for my in-laws. We were impressed with the vehicles we test drove and they would have fit their needs perfectly. Unfortunately, they were priced too high for their budget.

Comfy People Mover with Get up and Go
By Patty R

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I Love this van! I do 98% of the driving in this vehicle and I put about 20k miles on it in a year. (that is a LOT of time in the vehicle) I driven all over this green earth in my Sienna and I love it so much I just bought out my lease. The most impressive and surprising feature on this van is the turning radius. I can turn my van around in stupid small areas without having to back up. Like I can make a full U turn is less space than the 2 lane road (thats one lane each way) without using the shoulder or needing to be in an intersection. We recently took a trip to the coast 1000 miles 3 boys 12, 7 and 4. Everyone was comfortable and able to charge their electronics (so important). And when I did not want to listen to the boys anymore I cranked up the radio and tuned them out.