Used 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Last Toyota I'll ever own
By Gml

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning and liking 7 Toyota vehicles the 2015 Sienna SE and the consistently poor dealer service from multiple dealers have convinced me. I will never buy another one. A safety recall alerted owners to disconnect the automatic sliding doors due to a problem with them opening while the vehicle was underway. Nearly a year of waiting for a fix and once corrected they opened noticably slower than when the car was purchased. The car needed a full set of brakes at 14,000 miles. When I questioned how that could be possible I heard, the vehicle was heavy, lots of weight in the front, pretty normal, etc. At 30,000 miles another complete brake job. No attempt for the dealer to discover why this could be happening. Nope, just another $300 plus repair. As I approached 43,000 miles and another brake job I got rid of the car. So happy it's gone. I spoke with service managers at two different dealerships, Toyota was uninterested in finding what the problem was and couldn't care less how many times full brake jobs were required to keep the car on the road. Good riddance and good luck. Toyotas customer service today isn't what built their company. Too many other good cars out there to tolerate being taken advantage of.

3 Years in Excellent! Best AWD family vehicle
By Bee Cave

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited Premium 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Toyota Sienna AWD. We still have our 2009 AWD limited version that our teenager is now driving. Our 7 years plus of success with our first vehicle made us buy the second 3 years ago. So with 3 years on our 2015 I'm please to say it is still the best family vehicle. Excellent quality, reliability. We love AWD - even now moving to south - in the rain it is fantastic. The only thing I wish Toyota would change is the tires selected for AWD - RFT - OEM tire is terrible. Switched them out to better tire far earlier just as I was unhappy with wear performance, traction after 15,000 miles was reduced a lot.

Minivan mom
By Heather Snyder

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Think twice before wasting money on this minivan!! We have replaced our tires 3 times in the past 3 years!! I also had the sliding door fly open while I was driving with my daughter in the seat. Had to tie it shut with heavy string till I got it to dealership. I don't feel safe in this van at all!! I am paying 2 car payments worth of tires every 1 1/2 years. Trying to trade it in now.

Would not buy it new again.
By Dave

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Sienna new. It listed at almost $40,000 and I paid closer to $35,000 plus more for extras. It is ultimately a disappointment. I bought it because it was supposed to be quieter than the competitors. From day one it has leaked air through the sunroof/moonroof. This makes for a loud and annoying highway ride and is evidence of shoddy quality. I took it back to a Toyota dealership for repair after it also started leaking water into the cabin. They eliminated the leak but did not eliminate the wind noise from an improper fit or seal of the sunroof/moonroof, and just said "it is normal" (even though light shines through the gap between the sunroof/moonroof and body of the vehicle. This was a real disappointment because I had trusted the dealership before this experience. In sum, I would not buy it again and have lost confidence in Toyota, both in terms of quality and service. Other areas of disappointment with the van are (1) the navigation system is horrible, clumsy, and slow, and you cannot look things up while moving. This makes it virtually useless. We bought the vehicle for highway travel, yet we cannot make use of navigation while driving down the road. I just use my cellphone in my hand for navigation. The tires were completely bald by 30,000 miles. The middle-row seats are heavy and difficult to remove, and when removed, a large, lumpy bar is left on the floor so you do not have a flat surface for sleeping/camping or for hauling. The gas mileage is about 20 mpg, which is inferior to my experiences with competitor vehicles. The vehicle's looks are not a strong point, and I recently read that its safety ratings are inferior to competitors. Lastly, the interior is a light shade of leather that is dirtied easily by children, and there are gaps in the floor for sliding the center-row seats that collect trash and dirt, and the carpets have flopped/bent/folded where they should not. In sum, the vehicle has not left us stranded but it has not brought us joy, and for 40,000 dollars including tax and warranty one should get a better experience. The wind noise and lousy nav system are daily reminders that you paid a bunch of money for a flawed product that is also not backed up with thoughtful or capable service. Odysseys are better vans but are overpriced (and they cheapened materials too in 2011); the folding seats in the Chrysler products are superior. Leaky sunroofs are a disaster though and produce considerable regret. I am a married male of average size with tween/teen boys (2).

Lots of room. VERY noisy interior seats-
By carol laituri

2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car because of the room inside. We had problems with the engine not always starting when it is hot outside and dealer says “no problems found”. Not fun in 105 degrees heat! After a dozen visits- we gave up!! Back seats constantly rattle and dealer has made adjustments to the tracking system over a dozen times. Nice driving car but I would not buy it again under any conditions. It has 70,000 miles on it now and I’m glad we bought the pre-paid maintenance plan and extended warranty. Van is used only for adults and children have never been in it. I would hate to see what would happen if it had to endure constant wear and tear from children.