Used 2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great nibble, smooth and fast mini-van. Love it!!
By PapaC

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this minivan brand new in Alaska because we just had a baby girl. Being Alaska I needed something with all wheel drive and very comfortable. So the Sienna was the only minivan with that option. Drove it cross country when we moved to North Carolina. Use it for long distance trips for the first 3 years. Then as my commuter to work and school, wife and daughter falls asleep in it all the time even short trips... I've rented the Dodge minivan and it feels heavy like the truck frame its built on. The Sienna is more like a car, nibble and fast, out drive a lot of others on the road. I've even towed a pop-up camper several times, only need a electric brake installed since I got the hitch package on it which is just the hitch frame, nothing else special with it. It was doing great until a guy hit us from the side and had to replace with whole front driver's wheel assembly. Had other repairs later on but due to the accident. At 45,000 miles had to replace all the break pads and at 50,000 has to replace the shocks and struts but since I tow with it I understand that. Overall a great minivan. If you want more bells and whistles then you need to really look at each version of this model but that is with any vehicle. Other minivan have better storage area but that does add to the weight in my thought on it. Also, to those about the expensive to repairs, if you do go to the dealer its going to cost you more no matter what but in my opinion if you want something done right with out too much hassle then go to the dealership, since they work on that type of vehicle all the time so they use to it.

Great so far
By Bill

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought from a local dealer to replace an '05 Town & Country. Wanted the Toyota reliability reputation. Wife loves the ride and luxury of the limited edition. The high miles (96,000) don't really frighten me after researching Edmunds, etc. and talking to owners. Grand kids love it!

7 Years in.... Will never go without AWD!
By Lee

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a Mercedes E63 owner I can not believe that my best vehicle I've ever owned is our Sienna AWD limited 2009. After 7 years of family fun - I have no complaints. we have decided to keep it for years to come and purchase a new Sienna as our long trip vehicle using the older one for day to day and teaching the now teenager to drive. I'm writing more to focus on the AWD version - we are a mini van family - but the Sienna was our first AWD - purchased for the occasional trips to mountains for sking - but to the contrary we use it almost every day!!! Turning a sharp right turn into a highway - no problem - no spinning front tire - wet pavement - wow amazing control.

THE BEST VAN MONEY CAN BUY
By zama

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best minivan can you can buy don't listen other people who are picky and u never made them happy

You would think I would be happy.
By spadedevil

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 1996 Chrysler Town & Country to a 2009 Toyota Sienna.
It feels like every time I turn around some little thing is breaking.
It just doesn't seem like the quality that I was expecting is there.
Stupid little things bothered me at first.
Things that were on my 1996 I had expected would be standard by 2009.
Memory seats, light in the glove box, turn signal control lights.
As I drive it more things started to break.
Folding seat in the back wont fold.
Power adapter in the rear of the vehicle clips broke and pushed inside the wall, sliding door seal started coming off.
Sliding door sometimes decides not to work.
Thankfully nothing engine wise yet, but I don't have much won't

Power sliding doors

Look at the Town & Country and put the same features in. Build the car with long term use in mind.