2021 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Lost some luster over the years

JohnIL, 05/15/2021
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

We have purchased several Toyota's over the years. All of them have given us great service. Our latest a 2021 XLE has taken the shine off that impression. We hear whistling noises at highway speeds, the engine is much noisier then previous generation and the transmission is also not as enjoyable. Interior sort of jumps back to a more sterile and cheaper finish. I guess everything is still providing a decent experience just not what I have come to expect from past Toyota's.

RAV4 ways when Cruise Control & LTA is on

deccan, 11/30/2020
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Yesterday we took the RAV4 on a long distance drive to checkout the features. I like the road sign and lane sway warning feature however we observed the car was swaying and appeared to be difficult to control while traveling around 65-75 mph when LTA and Cruise Control were on. I did not use cruise control during the remainder of the trip. This seems to be a known issue .. too bad we did not see this issue when we checked out the numerous video reviews on Youtube ...... https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t89236_ds1096909

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

Lester R, 10/19/2020
LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I have owned so many cars in my lifetime but never a Toyota. I have bought used cars, cars that were just junk and I have bought new cars and most of them have let me down and failed prematurely. My background in the Military required an immense ability for attention to detail and trust me when I say that when something wasn't right with my vehicle, I knew it. Everything from the steering, to braking, to subtle noises and even distinctive smells that should not be coming from under my engine compartment that certainly hinted at trouble to come. That being said, I can honestly say that I was thoroughly impressed with the workmanship and quality that was noticeable immediately when inspecting the exterior and interior of my new Rav4. You can feel it when you are driving in the response of the vehicle the way it handles, the way the steering feels in your hands and the purr of the motor you feel under your feet. You just get the sense that this car is going to last and is a worthy investment of safety and peace of mind. If you are considering a Rav4...don't even hesitate...go drive one and I am willing to bet, you will buy it. They are truly amazing vehicles.

ad labelAd
Build Your RAV4
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 6 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype shown with options using visual effects.

1 out of 5 stars

Shakey when driving fast

Kellie, 07/05/2021
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I think they’re actually may be a safety issue with the 2021 RAV4, I have been trying to get in contact with Toyota and it’s almost impossible. When I drive starting around 60 to 65 mph, the car gets really shaky and bumpy and feels unstable. I am now noticing this reflected in a few other reviews and I’m starting to think that there actually may be an issue with this exact model

Stability problem

Wallace, 05/20/2021
LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

The 2021 Rav4 very bumpy and shaky when driving over 55mph. The stability on the hwy is so poor and dangerous. Very disappointed with Toyota safety design

12345...13