Used 2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Used RAV4 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Rav4! The comfort vehicle

Hector, 11/30/2017
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This SUV is is quite comfortable it has enough space for running around town but also to go out and camp or do other activities on the weekend. Soft ride when going over 45 mph but a little rough suspension on the rear feels like a truck suspension. One thing i do miss is the sunglasses holder. Also the navigation system seems outdated and the entertainment system is a little on the slow side. Other than that its a all in one package vehicle that feels complete. Haven't had the chance to take it out in the snow but will be doing it later in the year!

Realistic

LaurieF, 10/05/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Good price, looks, and gas mileage. It always starts,good acceleration. Now.........Problems: poor paint quality/rusting around doors and lower aspects of car, loud inside/sounds like a semi, rattling sound from dash/unknown origin, radio system went out/a known problem with this vehicle and the dealership repair is about $700, drivers side seat clicks and moves when in locked position, requires a fancy oil change that costs about $65 each time, no response from Toyota from an email detailing complaints, no support from dealership, which I understand, because limited warranty had expired..just as problems started showing up.

2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

"RAVE 4"

Terry Dactyl, 11/28/2019
LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is quite possibly the most reliable, most useful vehicle I have ever owned. My last three vehicles are a 2013 Mini Cooper "S" Hardtop, a 1996 Chrysler Concorde and a 1996 Chrysler LHS. My 2014 RAV4 kicks them all to the curb. The MINI Cooper is too dangerous here in "HUGE SUV-LAND, Denver Colorado". I was cut off and forced into the end of a guard rail by an ignorant Audi driver (and ...really ...aren't all Audi drivers ignorant and arrogant?" The driver was arrested for leaving the scene and several other charges. THe MINI Cooper was a total loss, so I bought a 2014 AWD RAV4 with only 36,000 miles on it. A "Certified Toyota Used Car" which means new windshield, new tires, new engine parts where available. It was like a new car with a similar warranty. I bought it from a dealer. BEST move I have ever made. The car is a dream. There is no stopping it even in these Denver snow storms. And that 2.5 Liter 4-cylinder actually chirps the tires shifting into second on hard acceleration. Plenty of power!! My wife has a 2012 RAV4 Limited with the 3.5L V6, and I must admit ...it is an awesome powertrain, and sad that Toyota ditched it in 2013. Witness every time we go into a Toyota dealership a salesman approaches my wife and offers her a generous price for it, since the 2012 was the last year the 3.5L was offered on the RAV4. She politely declines. Her car is paid for, and likely to go 500,000 miles or more. It has over 100,000 on it and drives nice, crisp and tight like a new car ...still! In the old days we used to look to get rid of our cars when they hit 100K. Not Toyotas. Many Tacomas and 4Runners hit a million miles. A million!! Toyota has the right reliability formula.

3 rd year and running great

Nancy McKee, 05/02/2016
Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third RAV 4 and highly recommend it. Especially love safety features.

2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE AWD

bvarga1749, 04/30/2014
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was having several problems with my 2013 Ford Escape, needed something reliable. I had always owned Chevrolet and Ford. Decided to give Toyota a shot for reliability. I am very pleased with my purchase. The transmission is smoother than the Escape. Voice commands are much better than the Microsoft Sync System. Interior room is wider and back seat leg room is bigger. For the value, the XLE comes with sunroof and several other features standard. The APPS button on radio is great, Weather provided by Weather Channel, along with traffic. Works in areas with HD FM signals, I did not opt for the Navigation. MPG much better than Escape. I would highly recommend the Rav4.

12345...9