Used 2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Used RAV4 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Radio

Richard chang, 06/20/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My onboard radio went out of commission at the 4th year. I spent another $780 to get a new one.They said the wiring and interface of Toyota radio was too complicated to work properly. I never drove a car with radio went dead first. Is this "Toyota quality"? OMG! They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Not gonna buy Toyota anymore.

2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE AWD

bvarga1749, 04/30/2014

I was having several problems with my 2013 Ford Escape, needed something reliable. I had always owned Chevrolet and Ford. Decided to give Toyota a shot for reliability. I am very pleased with my purchase. The transmission is smoother than the Escape. Voice commands are much better than the Microsoft Sync System. Interior room is wider and back seat leg room is bigger. For the value, the XLE comes with sunroof and several other features standard. The APPS button on radio is great, Weather provided by Weather Channel, along with traffic. Works in areas with HD FM signals, I did not opt for the Navigation. MPG much better than Escape. I would highly recommend the Rav4.

Meh

2manycars3, 09/10/2014

Recently traded a 2003 Hyundai Santa fe for the 2014 RAV4. Based mostly on price I leased the car, it's okay but styling is boring, ride is firm, interior is cheap. If a Hyundai dealer would have been closer to home I think I would have stayed with the Hyundai, or a KIA. Inconvenient storage(coins, phone). Seat fold downs in back are okay, but the front seat could have been included to maximize full length hauling . The doors sound cheap/hollow when you close them. Overall a little disappointed, I have never owned a Toyota before, don't think I would get one again.

Toyota living off a reputation, not building on on

Toyota regret, 07/31/2017
LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in, after 20 minutes my foot goes numb, my back aches I cannot drive more than 45 minutes without extreme discomfort. my 2012 Fusion seat is a lazy boy next to this joke they call a seat zero lumbar support. If you don't have back problems but want them buy a RAV4. I have owned this for 6 Month's and have to take a loss trading it, it is that bad to sit in. The delay wipe has only 1 speed REALLY??? The cruise control is a lever attached to the steering wheel and when the wheel is in a certain position you tend to hit the wiper control. Brake rotors replaced at 20k not aggressive braking or towing, after much argument dealer replaced rear rotors not pads and wrote on the WARRANTY repair recommending I replace the front rotors, NO MORE TOYOTA'S for me. . Seems Toyota is living off a reputation instead of building on one

Very disappointed

Disappointed RAV4 owner, 10/25/2017
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd RAV4 and will be my last. It started out pretty great, I bought it new and now have 45K miles. The sunroof rattles horribly and the dealer will not fix. The brakes/suspension sound like its eating something yet 3 different shops have told me its just how it was made. As other reviewers have said at certain times of the day the sun hits the chrome interior dash trim and its blinding. The radio/navigation screen is next to impossible to read in bright light, despite changing settings. The spare tire is only a donut. The seat fabric is wearing unevenly. The rear door/trunk doesn't have any automation and the tiny handle to pull it down is hard to find. The storage is limited and what is there is pretty useless. All in all, extremely disappointed.

12345...9