Used 2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Love my Rav
By Stephanie

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2012 with 16,000 miles. It now has 127,000 miles and I have never a single problem. Just the usual stuff like brakes and tires. Absolutely reliable! Its paid off and I hope to get another 150,000 miles. She is my baby....

The worst car I ever drive
By michael

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I can't remember how many times I have been to dealer for the recalls. POS!!!

Cream puff!
By Fred

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car has been garaged entire life, finish like new. Has V6, so car has great acceleration. Limited model, so is loaded.

Well named Sport with V-6
By Cameron

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just gave up our 10-year old (we bought it new), 145,000 mile 2008 RAV4 Sport with the V-6 engine. Since it was a Sport it didn't have the cushy ride of the Limited, but we knew that going in, and it excelled in the TN/NC mountains' twisting roads. The V-6 was well worth it - had much, much more punch than we expected, which paid off time and again merging onto busy freeways and passing on 2-lane rural highways. The cargo space with the seats down was best in class and ample for us and our camping gear. We never had a problem with it, would have kept it longer, but figured it was time for a self-reward, so let it go . . . (after a LOT of online comparing of compact SUVs, from the BMW X3 to the Honda CRV to the Subaru Forester and others) . . . for another RAV4!

Not your father's Toyota
By Jim

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota had a reputation for quality. This is not an example of that. This vehicle has had multiple issues. The most expensive one was the transmission failed at 105,000 miles. The dealer who had a Lifetime Warranty, did not honor it. It cost $4,000 to replace at a transmission shop which was less than the $7,000 the dealer wanted. Also, the paint has been flaking for years. The Rav4 has had 13 recalls. You might ask me why I keep it. Well it was my late wife's vehicle which I keep as a memory. Also, our teenager drives it. I can say with Firestone Destination II tires, it goes very well in the snow.