Used 2000 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Hands down the best car ive ever owned.
By Ashmaster3000

2000 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV

Bought this car with 110,000 miles it now has 171,000 and ive maybe put 300 bucks into it aside from tires. I drive it hard - in LA traffic 70 miles a day. It's been rock solid. Underpowered for sure but the only time that's ever annoying is going up a mountain... who cares. My last car was a 2009 Mazda3 and while it was faster and 'cooler' i gotta say that the rav has a more comfortable ride - especially on city roads... it gets the same gas mileage.. it has better visibility... better AC... its easier to park... maintenance and tires are way cheaper... and you can pop a curb if you need to. Maybe the best city car ever created. Oh yea and it's a 4 cylinder toyota it will run forever. I plan on spending money on some minor repairs soon but because i want to not because i need to... it would just keep running. I'm planning on 300,000 miles easy. BUY ONE.

so Dependable!!
By Marilyn Stafford

2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

If you want long term reliability this is the car for you!

2000 Toyota rav4 L AWD Best Vehicle I've Owned
By Mark

2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD

Looks good, got mine with 150k miles and still shiny no rust, alloy wheels. I've owned a lot of performance cars domestic and import, so I can say the acceleration is poor but this suv won't get you in trouble speeding and all time AWD is great with around 25mpg also. Great brakes, good ac, the stock cd player sounds great but the radio doesn't get many stations unless you pull the antenna way out. 4 out of 5 stars, good all-around vehicle you can depend on that looks good too.

Reliable little SUV
By Ann

2000 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV AWD

I am at 15 years and 240K miles and I need new shocks, struts and tires. The cost will be about $1400, but I am going to do it because I still love this car. Its the best, most reliable and least expensive car I have ever owned. I bought it in 2000 with 18K miles for $18K and for the most part, all I have done is change the oil every 3k miles and buy new break pads when needed and other routine maintenance. I've changed the timing belt twice and replaced oil gasket seals and replaced the water pump, but that is it. I think I can squeeze a few more years out of it. I thought about a new car or lease, but when you consider the cost for a new car I would not even like as much (everything is so oversized or ugly) I'd rather keep driving this one. Good luck finding a used one, people drive them til the wheels fall off, they are such great cars!

This little car is a beast
By yotajeepguy33

2000 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV AWD

This car has been my everything from hauling hockey gear back and fourth to being a teenagers rally car, to hauling a 2500 pound trailer full of furniture when i moved it pulled it over mountain passes and through cities and on the interstate and never even put up a fit. my parents bought it with 60,000 miles and now it has over 231,000 and 100,000 put on by a teenage male with a very heavy foot. I have done things with this car that would make normal people cringe. and it still starts first time every time. you think that after so many hard miles the little car would be putting up a fight, No Sir it like thank you may I have another she still ticking away.

Easiness to work on the engine though it has never had to be worked on. the ride is awesome I'm used to driving trucks so its real nice compare to those. it rides real nice on mountain roads. Awesome in the snow and for the most part has hauled everything from a trailer with furniture to fourwheelers and motorcycles and a small boat. it pulls awesome and i don't think ill ever get rid of this car.

well just like everyone says it needed more leg room in the back but I don't sit in the back so frankly don't really care about that it has enough space for a guy, his girlfriend and his dog in the back and thats all that i need.