2018 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Overall great vehicle
By Douglas Lower

2018 Toyota Prius Four Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned a 11 Prius, 13 Prius V, 15 Prius V, 16 Rav 4 Hybrid, and now this one. I purchased this in Blizzard Pearl with Moonstone interior. I love the color combo. I purchased the 4 Touring for the power seat, and upgraded JBL stereo, it also had upgraded safety and self parking. It has excellent features, my favorites being excellent headlights w/auto high beams, advanced cruise control, auto braking, smooth ride, very good visibility, key free, MPG's, handling hatchback versatility, comfortable. If you want a spare tire, you can pick one up at discount tire for 135. including tax. Toyota wanted 200. plus tax. The car does come with a jack already. I thought about the Prime, but I do not have a place to plug it in at my condo. and you lose hatchback space and lose 1 back seat passenger space. The 17 inch wheels have a Bridgestone tire that can be loud on rough pavement. It is not that bad. The firm tire gives you great mileage.On the Prius Chat site, they speak about quieter tires when it is time to change your tires. I am very satisfied with this vehicle, it seems to do everything right ! The mileage is outstanding, I believe I will have this vehicle a long time.

Repeat Prius customer.
By thomas richard

2018 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Third Prius that I have had and I am very very happy. This vehicle is great. The standard lane departure and blind spot features are awesome improvements over the past model years. I also like the two tone cloth interior. With Toyota you get free tire rotations and oil changes for 2 years which is a huge selling point also. Best gas mileage on this one (even better than the 50 mpg I got in the 2013 model I had.)

I'm old this Prius 4 best i have owned ever !
By Harold Campbell

2018 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's not a race car but it go's plenty quick enough,we had a 2017 eco, was in a multi auto wreck not the auto's fault it was totaled can't believe no broken bones. We had replacement coverage went out and got a 2018 four. Has all the safety stuff and it works getting 54 mpg did a little better with the eco knew that was the case but wanted to upgrade to the bells and whistles very comfortable ride , i have had many auto's in my long life this is my fav.

Not for short people with small garages.
By Elyse B.

2018 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like this car but there are 2 things I had never anticipated. 1st, that I, at 5'3", was just barely able to bring down the hatch back from its very high open position. If I shrink anymore as I age, I'll have to get a different car. 2nd,The safety systems in the car that warn you when you are getting too close to objects go crazy when I drive-in or back out of my garage because it is very narrow. I find it really disconcerting to the point that so far it's quite distracting, especially as I back out of the garage, which adds the noise of the backup warning, and have to keep an eye on the backup camera, as well as checking out the sidewalk so that I don't run into a pedestrian. There really should be a switch on the wheel so that you can easily turn those warning systems for the side walls at least "off and on" easily. And why did they put the gear shift in a different place in the car? And isn't the forward and reverse reversed compared to the normal shift gear? Why? But I'm getting fantastic gas mileage in New York City!