Used 1997 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Paseo model:

Now a 20 yr old classic
By jim higgins

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

sweet car fun to drive now its 20yrs old A Classic convertible (manuel top) still running strong w/few issues

RIP somehow
By walkndaddy

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Alas, the final story: After 20 years of providing pleasure and thrills, the car has passed its last current, as the electrical system is no more. It's engine and other parts will be in a better place, hopefully; and it's one-of-a-kind roll bar will be immortalized hopefully, by another convertible owner who appreciates safety. Amen

And so Habitat for Humanity will profit from it's entrails, tires, and whatever value of it is left in the junkyard. Remembered and not forgotten. Amen II

My Mystic
By christene

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

My little Toyota Paseo is the best little car I have ever owned. She has given reliability, good gas mileage and easy driving for the last 12 years. I change her oil, do annual maintenance and she, I call her Mystic runs forever. This morning, I hit a deer, my car swerved out of the animal's way and the damage was minimal to the PASEO AND THE DEER RAN AWAY. I am still alive to talk about how my little car handled the road to try and not hit the deer which was inevitable. Broke the side light, dented the right fender and broke the passenger mirror but my little car keeps driving. I will repair the best little car I have ever owned.

Handling, gas mileage and convertible fun.

Bigger back seat, better ventilation on front window as it fogs up badly, and music system and better rims that will hold the air in the tires instead of aluminum which loses air in the winter.

Great car
By dray

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I bought my 97 Paseo in' 01 and I love this car. It now has 155,000 miles on it and I get 30 some mpg. So this is the car we use for trips and everything. Every time I think of a new car I look at the mpg of the new cars and nothing works. So I think me and my Paseo will just continue on. Besides since it is a convertible it is just plain FUN.

MPG

Love the Paseo Convertible!
By 123toyo

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I've owned my Toyota Paseo Convertible for many years and I still love it!! The gas mileage is awesome and the car handles really well. Toyota really knows how to make them!!

I love the convertible and the car is so easy to drive.

Too bad they stopped making them!