2018 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Traded my lemon/Chev for my 7th Toyota (Highlander
By Happy!!

2018 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

My review is going to be short and sweet. We had a Chevrolet Avalanche with only 39,000 miles ...total LEMON! GM was horrible and so was the local Chevrolet dealership!! Since I had previously owned six Toyotas, including a Land Cruiser, I decided to go back to reliability. I have the 2018 Platinum Limited Highlander and I love it! All the reviews here are spot-on. It is awesome in every way. I can't believe how smooth this car is! It is going to be my FOREVER car. It was a very difficult decision because there are so many choices, but now that I've had this car for over a month, I absolutely love it in every way and I am convinced that this was the right pick. The moonroof is awesome! The style is awesome! The comfort is awesome! The features are hard to believe! My ONLY negative is the automatic stop and start feature. I'm having to get used to that and honestly, I wish I could permanently turn it off. I think it gives me such bad memories of my Chevrolet Avalanche stalling. I have to constantly remind myself that this is a TOYOTA! It is so good to be back in a Toyota!

My Highlander #4
By Colin

2018 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I am 6’4” and my back seat passengers have plenty of leg room.

Hit the highway with a Highlander.
By Carole

2018 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

After having a 2015 Lexis RX350 for three years my wife didn’t like the aggressive style of the new Lexus so we decided on a Highlander. It has some pluses and minuses, but compares quite well.

Must be happy, had 2010 hlander, bought 2018
By phyllis

2018 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

nice suv, enough room, mpg not as advertised, 2nd row seats could be more comfortable, safety features good not great, mirrors should adjust to seat memory . Dealerships all, want to rip you off , at one place bait & switch, 2nd place, 1st offer $ 7,500 high threatened to walk out, deal improved. trade went up $5,000., msrp improved $2,600. told them up front best price or I would walk, started walking , deal came fast. why try & rip me off?

Nice but Average SUV
By P. Hardin

2018 Toyota Highlander LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

This vehicle is a nice dependable SUV. It is what I've grown to expect from Toyota. I didn't buy the Highlander with all the bells and whistles and it meets my needs. I do not like the electronics, especially the the automatic slowing of the vehicle when the cruise control is activated. The dealership tried to disable it, but it won't disable. It almost got us killed. We were on a four lane divided hwy. The Highlander was on cruise control as it approached another vehicle. It automatically slowed down my vehicle as designed. I moved over into the open inside lane and the vehicle went back to the set speed of 70mph. There was other cars that was following behind me as we moved over to pass the slower vehicle. As my Highlander, with cruise control still active, was passing the slower vehicle there was a turn lane to the left allowing vehicles to turn across the opposite lanes. The automatic system somehow picked up a car in that turning lane. Keep in mind my lane was completely clear in front of me. However, the Highlander's auto system picked up the car in the turn lane somehow and practically locked up my brakes as I was going 70mph almost causing vehicles behind me to crash. I was able to quickly disable the cruise control and accelerate. Not a fan of this new electronics and the dealership can't seem to disable it. It has sensitivity settings and I had it on the lowest possible setting when this occurred. It needs improvement or there could be injuries from a crash in a situation like we experienced.