Used 2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A) Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

Satisfied

maringa, 05/16/2011
Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just received our new Toyota Highlander, Limited FWD last week. It has been a pleasure to drive, and since I bought it for my wife, I haven't had much of a chance to drive it myself. Extremely comfortable, quiet and easy on the road. First tank is showing about 18.8 mpg in mixed driving. Hoping that it goes up a little as we break it in. When on a flat highway, for about 30 miles, it showed 23 mpg. Car feels bigger than what it is. Plenty of leg room in the back and front. The test will be 6 month to 1 year into the purchase - will follow-up then.

Great car...some quality issues...poor customer experience...

tjbss, 06/03/2014
Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The only negative regarding this car relates to quality issues (power windows and sun visor) and specifically the way the dealership and Toyota executed their customer service. Otherwise, the vehicle is a joy to drive and (so far) very reliable. The driver's sun visor has broken twice in less than three years. The dealership, Rice Toyota, and Toyota have, in the end replaced the sun visor at no charge, however Toyota corp's customer service has disappointed me due to failed follow up promises. The power window failed due to a nut that came off the window...a repair we paid for. These relatively "minor' repairs make me less positive toward the brand's quality and customer service.

Stay away from the Pricy Nav System

hondaowner56, 04/23/2012
Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good overall, but it doesn't mean competition is bad. If you're interested in the Nav, the only advantage you'll get for $2000 extra is the bigger backup camera screen. Nav is terrible for $2000. TOYOTA MUST GIVE AWAY this nav rather than sell it. It's very old tech. Many owners also get lost because they can't park the car just to make corrections. Voice command is very ancient and limited (only 3 entries shown at a time). Save the $2000, buy the high-end portable nav, and keep the difference. You'll get better and safer guidance. I drive with the screen always off because of the frustrating User interface.

Love our 2011 Toyota Highlander

bossman8, 09/20/2011
Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This suv drives like a BMW. Have not found anything I would change.

Great SUV

jjm_jr, 03/22/2011
Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Highlander about 1 month ago, and it's a dream to drive. I am running about 19 mpg, taking it easy on the throttle. On trips she is a dream. I previously drove a 08 FJ Cruiser and loved it, but had enough with the noise in the cabin. The Higjlander is a Fantastic SUV, as it feels more like a luxury car no more road noise either.