Used 2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe Consumer Reviews

$3,500

Used ECHO for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

The best small car ever

Amurtadi, 05/05/2008

I made 103K KM since I bought it new for C$13000. I had no trouble with it at all. It is the best bang for the buck. Drives and handles very well. It is not very comfortable for long distance travel but you can drive it very comfortably for 100 mile with no hassle. Excellent leg room in the back seat for 6'4" tall person.

The Perfect Car

ltrack, 10/22/2013
2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used 3 yrs ago now with 170,000km. I've driven it up to 230,000 km now and it still runs smooth and I get 550km to a tank in city driving. Very minimal repairs and they were cheap compared to what it would cost in another vehicle- and I haven't had to do many!

good

federico fernandez, 12/29/2004

Very good conmuter car

Echo Mistake

David & Anne, 12/13/2003

Purchased as a second car for wife. The sheet metal is like tinfoil. We have had trouble with the paint chiping (silver) Toyota will not do anything we have been to arbitration and no good. The car rattles inside, plastic. All in all its a very poor built car will trade very soon. Seats are very uncomfortable. NO MORE TOYOTAS

It's a good car

dickie, 12/27/2003

The car is cute on the outside, maybe moreso for girls, and the inside is very comfortable. I like the way the guages are set off to the side. After a couple days driving it, it actually becomes easier to glance sideways to see the speedomoter and the gas mileage is great. My only problem is on the interstate the wind from a semi will blow it sideways. Other than that, I love my echo.

Great little car

dickrwh, 01/03/2004

A great little car. I average high 40's fuel economy in the city even though it is rated low 40's. My highway mileage is somewhat lower since I tend to drive too fast. It seems to have a natural highway speed resonance of about 80-85. I have sometimes found myself over 100 mpg.

My Baby!!!!

Glitter, 04/04/2004

I love this car!!! It's zippy, and it can fit into the smallest places.

Reliable, High Gas Mileage Car

John Phipps, 04/04/2004

My Echo is a great little car, which I paid $11,000 for one year ago. So far, after driving over 80,000 miles, there has been no unusual maintenance needed. The only things I have done is to replace the front tires and a pair of new windshield wipers, plus change the oil and filter a few times. My gas mileage started out just under 50 mpg and is now around 45 mpg (I need a tune up). My Echo is a 2-door, 5-speed with no frills. If you are looking for a low cost simple car that gets great gas mileage then the Echo should head you list.

Zippy Little Car

InuRa, 04/26/2004

My parents (i'm a high school student) were happy to get this car: cheap, slow acceleration, small, fuel- efficient. I like this car b/c I can easily pass someone, it's weird- lookin. Ppl can always tell where I am, b/c not too many ppl drive this car. The only prob: It's missing all the "basics". you're going to end up puttin a buttload of options in the car.

An ECHO to shout about!

tallcooloneny, 06/07/2004

This is my 9th vehicle in 20 years of driving, and I must say, it is the BEST one so far. I am a TOYOTA convert thanks to my ECHO, with build quality better than a $40k Caddy....lol

certified 2002 echo coupe beats corolla

derkaiser, 07/31/2004

mine is an'02 certifiedcoupe/16k miles. the mileage rivals hybrids without the internalcomplexity.I love the styling/ interior room. my first Toyota, and looking forward to it.

51050