Used 1991 Toyota Cressida Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Cressida for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best buy luxury in Australia

7mge, 04/07/2010
4dr Sedan

Ive now owned my Cressida for 2 years and it is as smooth and responsive as when I first got it. I bought it for 3200 with 100000 km on the clock, man what a car! I wouldn't sell it for any amount. Its the most comfortable yet powerful car Ive ever been in and I've worked with cars for years. It's like an $80,000 Benz with Toyota badging and I got one for just over 3 grand! Go figure! All I can say is thanks for depreciation because I couldn't have paid $40,000 for this car back in '91 in a million years, It's still worth 40,000 in my eyes. It's made me realize that no car is worth the money they ask for them new. The cressida was ahead of its time and no one could afford them back in '91.

ICON

car dude, 08/21/2008
4dr Sedan

Ive looked into these cars with university student like research intent and have found them to be faultless on most parts. This would have to be the best car ever made as a mid priced mass produced vehicle. The overall design is impeccable with seals for everything - no wonder it's so quiet. Sound proofing rivaled by no other! Engine performance is more than adequate. This thing scares me when under full throttle - the engine gets angry and slings you forward at pace with an aggressive rumble (while still trying to maintain smooth gear transitions). Aside from that it's so quiet I think it's cut out. Handles exceptionally well for its build-body roll can be sea-sickening. Awesome machine.

love my cressida

cress91*, 03/18/2009
4dr Sedan

Bought it in 92, still driving it. Took it to a mechanic at Irving, tx and quite sure, he traded the outside grille to a cheap plastic grille. Can someone verify if the original grille is metal? I remember polishing the metal t logo. All in all, one of best cars I ever owned.

Best car ever made!

Krysia, 07/09/2010
4dr Sedan

This is the best car ever made! My mechanic says the engine should get 500,000 miles. I've had work done at 210,000 miles, ac compressor, water pump, oil lines cleaned, etc. It is not good in snow if you are in traffic, but great if you are alone on the roads or people are traveling over 10 mph. (I've never understood the 4 wheel drivers or front wheel drivers who drive 5 mph in snow.)

Cressida is awesome.

Chrono, 07/19/2003
4dr Sedan

Toyota Cressidas' are great and reliable cars. Have had this car for 12 years and only now am I starting to notice some problems. Course, with any other 12+ year old cars, they tend to have wear and tear. The air conditioner seems to be broken and the right rear door seems to make a strange buzzing sound whenever the car unlocks. Other than that, this car is a champ and I am very very happy with it.

Fantastic Car

Tmcd, 11/01/2005
4dr Sedan

I've had my Cressida for 2 years. It has been nothing but a joy to own. The fuel economy is decent, 190hp gives you enough punch to go and the rid quality is superb. Cruises at 80 under 3k RPM's. Top notch quality all around, truly a "near lexus" car. If you take care of this car it will take care of you and move you comfortabley and safely from point A to point B for much longer than you would like ;).

My Toyota Cressida

geotoyota@hotmail.co, 04/26/2003
4dr Sedan

I have never owned a car as well made, and as reliable as this one. The acceleration is fantastic for a 3400 pound car. I wish they never stopped making it!

THE BEST LUXURY SEDAN!

TOYOTA Cressida, 06/30/2003
4dr Sedan

The Cressida is the top of the line Sedan all over the world. You have to give it credit because it was built in 1991. So having a combo of CD, Cassete, and AM/FM is a beautiful car. It was popular for its modern features at the time. Besides I wouldn't sell my car for even A MILLION $. I drive it ruf and soft and its still in beautiful shape. The bumpers are very impresive with there sturdiness. I once came close to a headon collision when the ford pickup swerved it ramed the pickup causing it to roll over and over. I had to get the bumper repainted because it did peel the paint. Thats STRONG!

super nice.

nomar, 08/19/2002
4dr Sedan

Was lucky to find one with low miles and service records -these cars' achilles heel is a poorly designed Head Gasket, which when fails, can cost upwards of $1,200 to fix depending how badly the failure, so make sure you get the history on the car and be prepared to replace this (if it hasn't already) before it goes. Since this was Toyota's top of the line and that few were made in the last years, expect parts to cost a bit more than an Accord but less than a Lexus. Overall a great car -and aside form the bland styling, nothing but compliments from friends. Recommendations: Get the cloth seats, ABS, Limited-Slip Differential if you can.

Parts available everywhere

Oscar Jiménez, 10/08/2009
4dr Sedan

I recently purchased my cressida 91 from a friend. At first the car didn't run well. I took it to the mechanic who performed a tune up and also replaced the spark plug wires. After that I found the car runs great. It has great brakes, strong A/C, good gas economy, electric external mirrors. My family loves the interior because of its comfort.

Flagship Toyota car

sultan alia, 08/26/2002
4dr Sedan

It is one of the best toyota that was ever made.

a perfect luxury midsize

cosmo, 10/05/2002
4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle off a lot in early 2002.the test drive impressed me so much, I had to have this car.I would say toyota was 8 to 10 years ahead of the times on this 91 cressida. It's a really fun car to drive,takes curves great,the inline 6 cyl.has lots of spunk.I choose to drive this over my 2000 chrys.town/cntry.---I love this car!

My first car and its still running fine

Marwan AlNusif, 02/02/2003
4dr Sedan

I bought this car in August 1991 and its running fine till today, Toyota should be proud of it.

My favorite

Jay, 04/04/2005
4dr Sedan

This has been my favorite car, ever. It was my first luxury car. I have had very little trouble with it (air conditioner, speedometer). The handling is precise, mainly because of the rear-wheel drive. The engine is strong, smooth and super reliable. After driving this car for 14 years, I really have nothing bad to say about it, only good. I would have gladly bought another one, except that they changed the name to Lexus GS and doubled the price!

51050