Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Can't Kill a Corolla
By John D

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new as part of the cash for clunkers program in September of 2009. I kind of considered this car to be sort of "bottom of the barrel" choice for me since I was used to buying BMW's and Jeep Grand Cherokee's in the past as well as a range of hand me down in law Oldsmobile's ( yes my Father in laws big boat delta 88's and 98's). Hey what the heck I only commuted 8 miles each way to work, a new car and could trade in the aging no AC and increasing problematic Jeep and was facing 8 long years of kids going to overpriced colleges. Oh yeah and gas prices were going crazy around then. In addition my trusty old time mechanic was sold on anything Toyota or Honda so I felt when the 3 years was up it would be in his stable and he could deal with it. I have to admit it did serve the purpose. Not expensive to fuel up, never seemed to break, easy to park in my ever diminishing at work garage parking spaces, and aside from trying to find it in a parking lot of similar silver color Toyota corolla's it never gave me any trouble. It was just kind of boring and I didn't like the visibility on the side or rear when backing up or people driving into the blind spot. After 9 years and only one or two big price repairs I passed it onto my Bro who wanted to move up from his 1981 diesel Benz that was getting difficult to get replacement parts(and he is a parts guy at a Mercedes Benz dealership) . He liked the one owner appeal and it was the newest car he ever bought. Me? I ended up getting a new 2019 loaded Corolla XSE ( the sporty one) and figure this will sale into retirement with me and may even follow the hearse one day. Now I just got to figure out how to use the "radio" and everything else that goes with it. I figure I have at least 9 to 10 years to do that. It has all the toys. I really like back up cameras on cars like these and the heated seats are a nice touch to warm up the "assets" on those cold new England mornings. I did get the rock ding on the windshield at 400 miles, so at least I got that over with. That will be replaced soon, then onto tooling around in the Toyota.

Bought the car used with 100k
By Big Dave

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Previous owner abused the car. They nearly destroyed transmission before trading off. Didn't catch damage until after purchase. I'm sure with the right drivers most of its life, the car would still be in good condition.

The 200k mile beast!!
By Cliff

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2010 Corolla has 200k miles on it, no engine replacement or transmission work needed and I would drive this car from CA to NY w/o hesitation. Keep in mind that its a low entry level Toyota, not designed with extra frills (for this year) so do not expect brand new Lexus (or even Toyota) performance and comfort. At the end, a great, reliable, dependable car not to mention value! Sips gas and will ruin your relationship with your mechanic since you'll never see em! A real bang for your buck!

Bought it used
By dadinfo@juno.com

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel economy 40 transmission junk at 100000 miles

Not your average Toy-ota
By Bridget

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Owned car since 2010, 110k miles, just maintenace items and no other repairs needed. Good on gas and handling. This is my 2nd Corolla, my 1st was a 2004 and just as trustworthy.