Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

Used Corolla for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons
2.25 out of 5 stars

Not what I expected

JD, 06/21/2009
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my own first brand new car off the lot. Came as a recommendation from my parents who wouldn't help me look at anything else. A year later, I wish I would have taken my chances on my own. Uncomfortable, poor ride, driving position is horrible, can feel the engine vibrating through the floor boards with only 9000 miles on it. Way overpriced for what you get. Recently test drove other cars and realized how big a mistake the corolla was. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

4 out of 5 stars

Design unfriendly.

Masood , 07/23/2008
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The driver's seat is very uncomfortable in a city driving condition. It does not hold you in at turns, very hard to sit on. The height adjuster for seat is not easy to work with. My Corolla LE 2008 has only 12700 miles, but the engine makes a popping noise and a shifting noise when I either put it in Drive or Reverse gear. I constantly have to adjust the side view mirrors to match the seat height. The car gives me 28 mpg in town. It's hard to see the side of the car at turns. There should have been a turn signal built on the front side like 10" behind the head light on both sides. It will be easier for other cars in the lanes next to Corolla to see. Same signal should be on all four sides of the car.

5 out of 5 stars

Smart Choice

dudeS, 09/04/2008
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I feel so smart having purchased this car. I was doing a lot of research before buying. I get on avg 28 mpg within city and around 35 mpg on highway. Exactly as advertised. Only drawback: no mp3 player however, I feel reliability, safety and gas mileage are important than a mp3 player or fancy in built gps in a car and if you are a middle class guy like me who values money, corolla makes sense.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Uncomparable Reliabilty beyond extremes

denzPT, 09/14/2008
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car stability was awesome, in extremes weather of -40 degree F during winter, it will cruise to a 12-14 inches of snow (without winter tires). Question of mileage? 29-30 mpg city & 36-37mpg highway... what can you ask for? Side curtain air-bag, TMPs, day-light running time, spacious leg room, wide trunk space, 6 CD changer, good AC/defroster, power locks/window, variable windshield wiper control & the fuel consuming cruise control, excellent brake against crossing moose & deers, and good suspension. Corolla rocks beyond expectations!!!

2.5 out of 5 stars

Boring but reliable

loved10, 11/12/2010
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for going on 3 years and have enjoyed the reliability of it, but it is a very plain and quite boring car. I sure did laugh at the people lining up for gas with their huge vehicles when gas was $4.00 per gallon and I was still cruising on the same tank I had for 2 weeks, however I do usually get only 28 mpg out of it which is less than I expected(lead foot). I hate being afraid that I will not make it fast enough to merge. The 1.8L engine is lagging and leaves a lot to be desired. When the condenser went on my AC it was NOT covered by their extended warranty which was a huge let down and expense. Overall this car gets me from A to B and starts up every morning.

12345...19