Skip to main content

3.38 out of 5 stars

It Just Won't Die

fifi_lemon, 12/02/2011
CE 4dr Sedan

This is a really good car. 12 years, it's still going pretty great. My mom's trying to get two more years out of it, which WILL happen, before she gets a new one. If you're looking for a reliable car for many years from now, this car is for you. No major breakdowns, except the "check engine" light has been going off. The mechanic says it's because a wire keeps getting bumped. For the love of pete.

Gotta Love Corollas

Anthony, 03/12/2017
CE 4dr Sedan

Best old car I've owned. Never had an engine problem unlike every other cars my fiancée and I have owned. Not exactly luxurious but that just makes it all the more affordable.

4 out of 5 stars
4.63 out of 5 stars

Keeps going, and going, and ...

lightningguy, 08/29/2010
CE 4dr Sedan

Bought used @ 116k miles. Rear struts were gone, outer door gaskets crumbled. (but this is common for this model with age.) needed new cat. Converter @ 138k, my fault - didn't change the plug wires! Runs like a gazelle! (amazingly well!) 163k miles now, uses less than 1/8th qt oil in 5,000 miles - unbelievable! Smog chk only slightly higher than new car! With practice, can get 46 mpg highway, with the auto trans! Original starter, water pump, etc. I'm 6,4" tall, 240 lbs, it's a *bit* cramped, but for the $$, that it will likely run forever; gonna keep it 'til it falls apart! Change oil / trans fluid religiously, new plugs & wires, etc, should last 400k miles or more. $3.00 for gas, hah!

4.38 out of 5 stars

Love my Corolla

ADwyer, 03/17/2005
CE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Corolla because I wanted a car that would last, I could depend on, and wouldn't require a lot of unexpected repair cost. I have not been disappointed. I love the gas mileage, I love the realibility (which is second to none.) I have 165K on it today, and it shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Other than regular maintainence I have put nothing into this car. I think about buying something bigger because of the short backseat, however, I am scared to give up the dependability I have grown to expect.

3.63 out of 5 stars

Breaking the Corolla Legacy

S Leney, 07/21/2003
CE 4dr Sedan

I've always been a big Toyota fan and the reliability of the Corolla speaks for itself. So I was shocked to learn that at 70K miles I'm suddenly burning 1L oil/500 miles. My dealer has recognized this as an increasingly common problem with corollas with the aluminum block engine. Botton-line, engine rebuild even earlier than your average Dodge. BEWARE!