Used 1995 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car!
By 4annie

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

We bought our '95 Toyota Camry XLE V6, in Dec. of 1994. Currently it has 172,226 miles and we could not be more pleased! It is comfortable and the fit and finish of the interior and exterior are unbelievable. My husband takes it in for required service, it's never been in an accident and it only drips a bit of oil. I love this car but we often have our very young grandchildren so we want something with more airbags and better safety features. Consequently, today was our first day of shopping for a new car. It's been a faithful vehicle for our family so we're considering donating it to someone who needs reliable transportation but can't afford to be worried about airbags.

Fun to drive, excellent acceleration, seat fabric still in very good condition, paint in excellent condition, great car overall.

None

Good/safe/reliable care for the price
By cheapgoodcarguy

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95 Camry LE with 120K miles in 2008 for $3,000 and owned it until last week when it was totaled in an accident. My engine was still running like brand new at 146K and I was expecting to drive it to 300+K. At 140K the transmission needed to be rebuilt, but that only cost $200 (labor and parts included) and came with a lifetime warranty from my mechanic. Windshield wash pump never worked since I bought it, but that didn't bother me. This car is all about reliability, cost, and comfort. Even the insurance was cheaper than my other cars. Very safe, one of the last cars built with actual steel bumpers instead of plastic "facias", so it's a real old school tank.

May have saved my life is #1. Gas mileage is ok, performance is ok, low price available now even for low mile models in excellent condition, almost (not quite) a luxury car (comfortable!!!), Reliable engine and electrical, Common car so any good mechanic can fix it (no dealership markup).Cheap parts

If you buy this car look up if there are better aftermarket boots available (made of better rubber?) that don't degrade every winter. Had to replace mine twice in 2 years. About $140 for all 4 boots + labor each time. If you let even 1 go bad then an axle breaks, and that's an extra $100.

296,700+ miles and going strong..
By Louise

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Bought it used with @169K on it. Have had a few problems and I'm meticulous about maintenance. But by and large, I'd buy another Camry with no hesitation. Am driving it to Montana and back (2600 miles) in two weeks. I have lots of confidence in this vehicle and Toyota, in particular. At almost 300,000 miles, this car still looks sharp, gets 30+ mpg (it's a 6 cyl), has no rattles or other noises.

large trunk, fold down back seats, lots of power

Back support on front seats could be enhanced.

A Great Daily Driver
By twinturboZ32

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 5 speed Camry just this past November. This was to be my winter car and new daily driver. I must say it was perfect timing with the snow we had in northern VA this year. I bought it for $2,000 with 113,000 miles, you can't beat that. I had a 1993 Camry in college and I donated it with 240,000 miles. These cars can go past 200K miles easily. When I got mine I did the 60k service; timing belt, water pump, oil seals. I also put in a new radiator. I paid $1,000 for all of this work. So for $3,000 I have a good working beater car. My other car is a 1993 Nissan Twin Turbo 300zx. The Camry doesn't compare in terms of performance. But, I averaged 30 mpg highway on my last trip.

5 spd. Lots of storage room. FWD for rain and snow works great. Good gas mileage for a cheap daily driver. I don't care what it looks like. I bought it to be a solid choice mechanically. There's little that go wrong on these as long as you do regular maintenance.

Well, I got the most basic version. The DX, which is a manual transmission. So nothing is power. Not meaning the steering wheel, but windows, locks, mirrors, antenna, etc. Its very basic but that is what I needed. I have a fast twin turbo sports car with t-tops to drive on the weekend!

Granny Driven
By d3boom

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95' Camry from my grandmother after she decided to buy a new car. The car had only 116,000 KM on it which is practically nothing for a 15 year old car. It runs well, has been very reliable. There's some rust starting to form around the sides of the doors, but other than that the car is in perfect condition. Older automatic transmissions are known to get crummy fuel economy ratings and this one is no exception, i get about 7.5L/100k if I'm trying which is no great shake, but not bad considering the age of the car.

- The trunk has more space than i know what to do with. - Plenty of rear leg room so the drunk's i drive home from the bar never complain.

- Toyota has already improved the engine on newer models to improve fuel economy, but i still wish i could get good gas mileage out of this car. - Stock stereo is awful and absolutely needs to be replaced.