2018 Toyota C-HR Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota C-HR Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-HR model:

Nameless
By Denise

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It doesn’t have built in Sirius or nav. You have to use your phone which eats data and batteries. It’s annoying but the car is so fantastic! I was looking at a RAV4 when I glanced over and it was love at first sight. Fun to drive, responsive steering and the safety features are seamless. Good job Toyota! Now, give it a sporty name!

1000 miles in.
By DJC

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is the perfect size for our family of 3, a good alternative to an SUV. The space and cargo area is great for the vast majority of our purposes. We were sold on the handling and ride quality. We drive a lot on very curvy roads and highways that are in bad shape and were surprised at how stable the car feels. Love the adaptive cruise control as standard equipment. The car is slow to excelerate from a stop, but once it’s up to speed there’s no issue passing. Bluetooth doesn’t synch quickly with my phone, so that’s the one annoying thing. There’s a lag before it plays through the speakers. The backup camera in the rearview mirror is a bit odd, but I’ve never had a camera before, so I do find it very useful. I love the look and would choose it again.

Love Love Love this car!
By Missi Licari

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

From the moment I pulled on to the Toyota lot I was drawn to this car! It has great style and charisma! Then I drove it and it was love for sure! I bought it the same day.....it is fun to drive, very stable handling and peppy in traffic....small enough for zipping through traffic in town. easy to park and i love all the standard features like back up camera and adaptive cruise and lane departure warning... everyone should check this out that in the market for a small SUV crossover

Love at first sight!
By Deborah

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Was not even thinking about buying a new car when I saw a C-HR on a local dealer's lot. It was so unique, I went home and looked it up on the Internet. When I saw the Radiant Green with the iceberg top option, I knew I had found my "mid-life crisis" car. I found one about 100 miles from my home and talked my reluctant husband into going to look at it in person. It did not disappoint! We made the purchase and 6 months later, I love it as much as when I first saw it. The sporty, yet elegant design is ingenious and the distinctive two-tone color scheme is so attractive that I get compliments on it everywhere I go! The interior is well-designed and very comfortable. It glides down the road with little effort. The handling is fantastic. I love the safety features and the convenience of the on-board computer/Bluetooth connection. My only regret is that it did not come with a built in GPS. Why, Toyota?

I bought it ..I like it
By Richard

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Yes it has a 4 cylinder engine. It is not a turbo, It does not pop your neck at acceleration. You want navagation...Get a portable Garmin that talks to you as your drive...can be updated on your computer for life for North America for free. Outside of that, this is a comfortable car, it has eye catching styling. You do have a blind spot on the sides, but if you know how to drive a car, you know how to use a rear view mirror and car outside mirror and use turn indicators to indicate lane switch. I first thought I would not like the review view camera in the mirror, but it really works because you should be looking at the rear view mirror also, and not looking down at a screen. The sensors are great. The interior fabric if taken care of properly will be no problem. I have owned some high dollar cars and some average. This is a car I like to drive...almost compares to my BMW for holding the road and curves. 18# tires make a big difference. You have a sport and Echo setting, which like a hybrid, require you learn to change your driving habits to get max performance. In short, it is a good value for the money and Toyota builds a good car. Go drive one and decide for yourself.