2018 Toyota C-HR Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota C-HR Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-HR model:

Standard Safety Features Galore,.. but..
By CK

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Full disclosure, I’ve had three Corollas, a Prius and two Prius c’s, so I’ve come to expect excellent mileage, quality and dependability from Toyota. The C-HR looks great and performs relatively well in Sport Mode. Standard Safety features include Lane Departure Assist/Accident Prevention, Pre Collision Avoidance and Emergency Braking Assist. Standard creature comforts include an Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, 18” Allow Wheels, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Soft Touch interior materials. That said, it is odd that satellite radio and navigation isn’t offered. Personally, I prefer my portable Garmin to any factory installed navigation system. There are two things about my C-HR that are not consistent with what I’ve come to expect from Toyota. I suppose there’s something to be said for getting the first year of production of any vehicle, but I did experience the unlikely event of a repair with just 1100 miles on the car. There was a banging noise when I turned on the AC and apparently a screw had come loose. Long story short, they replaced the fan motor and housing. I paid only the discounted rate of $23 for a Rental Toyota from within the dealership as the service department had to order a part that would arrive the following day. The repair was of course covered by the factory warranty. Other than that, it takes very delicate feathering of the gas pedal to achieve decent gas mileage. The best I averaged was 37 MPG on a trip to the vet with my kitty, when going out of my way to be as gentle as possible. The worst I’ve averaged is 18 MPG which is unacceptable for a four cylinder Toyota in 2018. I’m aware that mileage improves after the first 1500 miles, even more so after the first 15000, but 18 MPG is for V8’s. The C-HR is a great looking, safe and fun sub-compact SUV. It’s not the best Toyota I’ve ever had. Still under 1600 miles, so we will see.

Worst car ever
By Liz

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When I saw this car I loved it. I got it when it first came out but three months and It started giving me problems. Of course the dealer wont change the car but they will try to sell me a new car. They said rats ate the cables of my cars (I live in the city). They fixed it after I paid $400. A month later again all the lights on the dashboard came on. I took it back to the dealer. They said rats ate the cables again. This is frustrating- Not only its hard to find parking in the city, now I have to worry about "rats eating the cables of the car" (Apparently Toyota is using some type of soy-coated cables which rats loveeee). They fixed it again- 2 months later all the lights came on again. I went back to the dealer and this time was a "computer problem". They fixed it again. 6 months after they fixed it for the 3rd time my car has all the lights on again for the 4th time in a year. Aside from all the lights on yesterday as I was driving it, it kept telling me to "brake" so scary. I dont even drive the car much to be having these problems. Aside from the electrical problems this car is also very slow. It makes a weird noise when you accelerate it.

Love my Ride
By Teresa

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I work for Toyota, so it was only natural for me to buy Toyota. I traded my Scion XB and was interested in both the Rav 4 and the CH-r. Test drove both and was so impressed with the handling of the CH-r. I get very good gas mileage, 41 highway. The styling is not your typical small crossover and I get a great deal of compliments on it. I have back problems and experience no fatigue on long trips because the seats are sooooo comfortable.

GREAT LOOKING CAR!!
By Jessy

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great Car. nice looks, wish it had a sunroof. and 4 wheel drive, but otherwise very good.

Gutless and noisy!
By Rich

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This thing is gutless and noisy. It's constantly looking for the right gear and does nothing but make horrible grinding noises. Did I say it was gutless! I can run faster than this car. The sales guy and I had to shout to hear each other. Send em all back to the factory, they're all lemons.