Used 2016 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

One Step below Lexus
By Stanley

2016 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon is a great car. Our only dislike is that on trips in excess of 3 hours the front seats are not very comfortable. Even if we try to adjust them six ways to Sunday. Otherwise we love the interior, the safety features, the looks and color (Creme Brûlée). We simply don’t take this one on longer road trips.

Great car
By H Dao

2016 Toyota Avalon XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a basic model XLE. The over all performance and comfortable ride are great. I drove Camry and Avalon and finally decide Avalon is much better regarding to comfort ride and performance. It does not have all features especially the blind spot monitoring. I wish I would have bought a premium which has some nice features including BSM, Homelink garage opener, compass... The only downsize with Toyota is that its cars do not have Apple Car Play. I have found that the Scout GPS app is not as good as Apple or Google Map. I have had hard time to link it with my phone.

MY ANNIVERSARY INCIDENT
By Peggy Shuping

2016 Toyota Avalon XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband does not usually remember our anniversary but for once he did !! On the way home to pick me up to eat out, some lady pulled out in front of him and totaled our Avalon. I loved that car. Two days later we went car shopping and i came home with a 2016 (guess what ) Avalon. It drives like a dream ,its beautiful inside and out, and very quiet on the inside, best anniversary i have had in a long time and god was looking out for my husband, he wasn"t hurt at all.

Really Nice.
By Thomas Shuffler

2016 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited, V-6 with Automatic - Dual Transmission. In my opinion, this car out class the Camry by far for Comfort, and Equipment availability. I get better gas milage than rated by Toyota with an average of 24.7 mpg in the city and near 32 mpg on the highway. I looked at the Ford Fusion, Chevy Impala, Honda Accord Ex, and other vehicles comparable within the price range and I settled on the Avalon. I have owned Toyota in the past, and I find them to be very dependable and low cost maintenance free. As the saying goes, Take car of it, it will take care of you. I sold a '93 Toyota Pick-up that was pretty much maintenance free, over a period of 19 years, I spent roughly $1200 in repairs, from brakes to timing chain and guides. Some body rust but my main problem was rust in the frame, other then that, I would have kept awhile longer but rust repair on a 4-wheel was quite pricey so I sold it to move up.

A great car for the greatest generation
By Sam Peach

2016 Toyota Avalon XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We wanted a full size car which would provide a comfortable ride, with not too many bells and whistles and with a reputation for reliability and quality safety factors.