Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Great Car but...

jpaul5, 07/21/2013

2013 Avalon Limited with every option. I really enjoy my Avalon. I would put it at 4 out of five stars for about every category. Overall, this car represents value for the money. It is sporty yet refined, pretty fun to drive if you never push the limits and has enough technology built in. It has its faults like every car and Toyota. It's no sports car. And for a Toyota I am not impressed with the build quality. Surprising problems with a falling headliner and rattling door with the stereo playing. I haven't had the rear view or dash glare problems that some have complained about. I mostly think those are bogus. Toyota's Entune works sporadically with my iPhone 4 and I am disappointed with it

Best Avalon yet.

Frank, 10/30/2017
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2008 Avalon for a 2013. Was a little worried when I read some negative reviews, but NONE of those issues turned out to be true for me. The seats are WAY better than my previous 2008. The ride is much sportier, especially in regard to steering and handling. Yes, you get a little more "roadfeel", but I'd rather feel that I have more precise control, which I definitely do with this new model. Motor is essentially the same as my 2008, and I had ZERO issues with that car (owned until 155K miles). Looks way less like a little old man's car, and more modern. Interior is way nicer, and road noise is way less than my 2008. Stereo is a HUGE improvement as well. Technology overall is impressive in the base model, which was not the case with previous Avalon base models. Great on the highway just like previous models. As far as resale value, nothing beat's Toyotas, especially the Avalon.

Nice car

megan03, 12/03/2012

Purchased 12/1. Great car. Awesome stereo. Got the Moulin Rouge with the Almond interior.....very difficult to find, dealer had to locate it. Curious as to why the Touring model they dealer swapped for this one had Michelin's but my Limited model has Bridgestones? This car feels more luxurious and has more space in it than the Cadillax XTS I drove and much better and smoother performance. Also looked at the ES350 which actually feels cheap compared to this car.

harsh ride derails a good car

maliblues1, 06/01/2013

Previous Avalon owners will be shocked at how harsh the ride of 2013 Avalon is. Small bumps are transmitted as sharp kicks into the cabin. Road noise is also pronounced on worn asphalt roads. The style of the car makes a rear view camera a must, however its an option. the camera is standard on the Honda accord. Headlights also have a sharp cutoff that makes reading some road signs difficult. The touch sensitive switches make it to easy to activate the wrong control.

Frankie

Ed, 03/04/2016
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Okay car>second one we have owned. Both have been too low and one could scrape easily. Rear visibility is poor. Ride is fair. Early Avalon's did better cost/per mile/time. Traction is fair. AWD would help. Front seats have no height adjustment on passenger seat. Side mirror helpers are great. Resale is great>above any book value. A Limited might be better auto than the touring?

12345...14