Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Update for star rating and other items

solara01, 03/21/2013

I posted an earlier review on my car but for some reason the star rating got dropped. I am working with tech support to fix this problem. I have the 2013 with the tech package and aside from a few minor things, I absolutely love this car. If you are looking for a smooth boat, the high end Avalon may not be for you. If you are looking for a luxury car under $40,000. This is your ticket.

Won over

sullivan3, 11/25/2013
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Avalon Touring XLE model in March 2013. Initially, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the ride. I thought there was too much road feel. This October, I drove it to Ohio and Indiana from Florida. It performed amazingly and I am now smitten with this machine. I really enjoy driving it and on a smooth road, it is terrific. I am averaging nearly 30 mpg . My driving is all at 60mph where I live . No regrets on this purchase. Update 2016 : I love this car. I looked at the new models that came out this year and I think the 2013 looks better. Update 2018: This car still impresses me. Most of my driving is at 60 mph. In a rural area with a 30 mile drive to a grocery, this is a pleasure to drive. The appearance is great and I am still getting compliments from passengers about rear legroom, comfort etc. Currently at 34000 miles on odometer. Plan to keep this for a long time.

fid1, 05/20/2013

The car rides great and looks great but I have a few suggested improvements. The drivers seat has very hard side panels, why are they not the same consistency as the center sections?

High tire pressure ride problems.

poorthingflint, 04/26/2013
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently bought this fine vehicle and almost didn't because of harsh suspension response when impacting large road patches and other road irregularities. Drove another car before the one I took home for the little woman to see and drive. Both cars had 18" Michelins and were disappointing in the way they reacted to serious road imperfections. Driving the car I ultimately bought decided to check the tire air pressure. All tires checked just a little shy of 40lbs. Obviously being over inflated by at least 6lbs will cause the ride problems I noticed. With the correct tire pressure the over all ride improved drastically. I would suggest before you road test one check the air pressure. I have traded this vehicle. Overall a very fine car but if you drive with both feet I.E. brake with your left foot and apply throttle with your right you can trigger the brake override safety feature which means you suddenly loose power for about 8-10 seconds. This was a real safety issue for me and as such was a design flaw. We had decided we would be better served with a SUV going forward and I did not want another Toyota product for obvious reasons. Fortunately there are some good choices out there and we are very happy with our new SUV.

Not as happy as I thought I would be...

yardy, 06/24/2013

I feel in love with the color and design of the car. But I am not happy paying the amount of money and not being happy with the ride in the city. My biggest complaint is the JBL sound system. I bought my car in Maryland and drove back to Georgia to snap, crackle, and pop. The radio fades in and out at will. Thank goodness I have a great Toyota service department near me. I will take the car in tomorrow, get a loaner and they will find out how to fix this problem from their tech department.

12345...14