Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Premium Car Price Without Premium Ride, Quietness or Seat Comfort

gemigniani1, 09/24/2013

2013 Avalon does not not feel like a $35,000 premium sedan. The ride is busy because even small road imperfections are felt and heard. There's no sound insulation under the carpets or in the doors so the road noise level is high like being in a Corolla. The front seat bottoms are small in size and thinly padded. So my seat bottom gets sore after only 20 miles of highway driving. The only "premium" car qualities that the 2013 Avalon has are rock solid directional stability on the highway, a smooth, quiet and responsive engine and transmission, and a fairly luxurious looking and feeling interior.

Disappointing Comfort

larbaker, 08/05/2014
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Although this is a great car, it comes up short on one item I think most Avalon Limited buyers want and that is COMFORT. I know they are trying to reach the younger set and apparently have done so from sales figures, I believe they went too far on ride/comfort. We purchased our Avalon Feb 2013 and just had it in for 15,000 mile service. We take a 400 mile trip about once a month. On the first trip in Feb 13 I noticed at the 100 mile mark that I couldn't get comfortable in the seats - felt hard. I didn't say anything, but the next month my wife(its her car) said these seats aren't comfortable. She said the other day I want a new car - one that has comfortable seats and softer tires.

Great vehicle for a long trip anywhere!

mr_hydraulics, 04/10/2013

I purchased the new Limited for a recent trip to the Southeast. The car's performance was wonderful and very comfortable for the long haul. The bonus features were the navigation system and blind spot warning system. Stereo system was awesome. I especially appreciated the comforts of adjustable ventilated/heated seats and lumbard/thigh support. We loaded the car with golf clubs and three larger suitcases with room to spare. Great handling/ride/responsiveness. Our trip was around 3300 miles and averaged 31.0 MPG - in combined driving - fully loaded. This was somewhat surprizing, as the lowest MPG was 27, when climbing into higher elevations. Great Toyota- great ride.

Nice ride but needs a few things.

mongoose5, 03/25/2013

The Avalon is nice and has a high quality interior look. But the things that you notice after you buy the car matter. The seats need some more cushion. We rode a couple hours before our bottoms hurt. My Corolla is a good 5 1/2 hour seat. Where are the bottle holders in the doors? They are absent front and rear. So on a trip with three in the back with the armrest folded up, the rear seat passengers will not have a single place to store drinks. I like more than one drink myself, especially living in a desert area. I would also appreciate it if the two cupholders up front were cooled. Power is good in this V/6, Best mileage on a road trip with a full trunk and three passengers was 29.5 mpg hwy

Toyota Scores With Epic Retool

Chris Jones, 03/10/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon is a brilliant piece of machinery. The aerodynamic lines are perfectly matched to create a breathtaking image. We bought ours used with only about 16.5k miles on her. From the moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to have it. The interior is a spaceship like masterpiece. The touch sensitive buttons make life so much easier and less likely to break. The heated/ventilated front seats are also a pleasure to use. On the exterior, one of the impressive things is the LED running lights. The rear LED tail lights is also a great addition to this body style. I would have to say that I enjoy driving this Avalon Limited quite a bit more than the previous 3 Limited's I've owned. Granted, it's handling and steering is much stiffer, but i prefer to feel the road. The seats are fine, a little stiff, but they hld up well, and are universally adjustable. Overall, I would say if you can find a used 2013 with low mileage, it's a no brainer. Buy it.

12345...14