Used 1995 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

410K and still running

tnt12, 03/19/2012
XL 4dr Sedan

Still running great. Getting ready to change the timing belt and maybe water pump, if needed. I am pushing for 500k by end of 2013. I drive about 50k/year.

558,000 miles

tnt12, 03/04/2016
XLS 4dr Sedan

This is the continuation of my 3/19/2012 review below. The car now has over 558K miles and still running great! Getting ready for my next oil change. Pushing for 600K by Jan/Feb 2017. 10/15/2016 - 581,000 miles. 4/16/2018 - I finally retired my 1995 Avalon XLS in Nov 2016 with 585,000 miles! What a great car it was!

Can't Kill It!

tallchris01, 03/25/2014
XL 4dr Sedan

Replaced an older Camry with this car for it's reliability and rear seat legroom. I've had this car for 5 years/75K miles and it's 19 years old now. 216K miles on the clock. I've owned other cars that if you looked at them the wrong way they would break down. Not this one! I do all the basic maintenance myself. Running 100% gas I've done as good as 26mpg combined, and 29mpg hwy. Even on ethanol gas, I get 22mpg combined.

206,000 mile Bang for the Buck!

Seemyad, 08/13/2009
XL 4dr Sedan

What a car! I bought my Avalon used just over 100,000 miles. I have driven through the Rocky Mountains, Montreal Canada, hail, rain, sleet, snow, and perfect weather. I have driven from Fresno CA to Oklahoma City four times in one year. I have driven from Lincoln NE, to Fresno, to Biloxi Mississippi, to Washington DC, Burlington VT, to Montreal, Chicago (in that order). The 6 cylinders offer great response and 30 MPG on the highway. The ride is smooth. The car and trunk are roomy. It even carries a real spare tire! Reliable is an understatement. My dark green paint job looks great too! Great car for the $6500 I paid for it 5 years ago! Need a new O2 censor and my leather seat is worn.

High miles, salvaged, and a great car

hartdykes, 11/20/2006
XL 4dr Sedan

I'm 19 and in 2004 I bought a salvaged 95 toyota avalon from a mechanic in phenix city alabama. The car had 178,000 miles and was salvaged and was rebuilt with used parts. I love this car and I have had no problems with the car and I will be the first to admit I'm not very good when it comes to taking care of a vehicle, The car has dents, its been rearended several times and has been keyed on several occasions, yet it's still going strong and taking long road trips. The only complaint I had with the car was the speakers and tape player and I replaced those the first week with a Alpine cd player, roady XM radio (OnA202) plus new pioneer speakers. Well that's my review on this awesome car.

12345...10