2017 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Toyota 4Runner Limited- the ‘Outlaw’ SUV
By Anita

2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Limited surpasses all the other models and other SUVs in its class should frankly be ‘outlawed’. The Blizzard Pearl color is true EYE CANDY! And coupled with the Redwood leather interior- this beauty gets compliments everywhere we go. I make it look good and it makes me look better!! I purchased used just 1 Month ago - with low mileage (17.5K). So far the vehicle handles well and hugs the road in dry and wet terrain. But it does handle differently from my previous Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, but I’m adjusting. I am slightly disappointed in the lack of some technology - especially not having lane departure warning or 15 minute continued audio after engine is stopped (both features found in my 2006!! Infiniti) Toyota should have also included more wood grain and less hard metals/plastics. But at the end of the day - I love my sexy ‘new’ OUTLAW’. AKC/DC Metro

Toy4
By Lisa Webster

2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle handles very well and the braking system is great. I have the JBL sound system which is the feature my kids like best. This vehicle climbs steep roads and mountain passes with ease. Great styling inside and out!! Dislikes about this vehicle are that many navigation and phone features do not work when the car is in motion. You have to pull over. This is very inconvenient especially traveling long distances. Also, the back seat is not comfortable for long trips offering little back/lumbar support especially compared to the Tahoe we previously owned.

Love my 4Runner
By NorCal Joe

2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just an all-around excellent vehicle. Great visibility, smooth ride, and quite comfortable. The optional KDSS is worth every penny - especially in city driving. Tons of interior space, and the off-road capability is tough to beat.

2017 TRD Off Road Premium
By Northern Wis

2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Coming up to 1 year ownership and I could not be more happy with my 4Runner. Coming off of a Land Rover I Love the reliability aspect of the 4Runner (the Rover was a continuous rash of issues...). Made a bunch of mods on this truck and a few more to go - but that’s part of the appeal...you can make it unique and one of a kind! Think Wrangler BUT dependable!

Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
By Michael

2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good all-around vehicle. I just got back from a 5200 mile round trip pulling a 2010 Trailmanor model 2027. (3000 lbs.) One long grade trucks were doing 45-50 mph and my 4-runner pass them at 65-70mph with power to spare. On the flat lands of Wyoming the vehicle ran smooth at 80-85mph pulling the trailer. The Navigation control is a waste in my book, to complicated to use, weather reports require using app on your cell phone via Bluetooth. I Navigated to a Subway Restaurant that said it was 30 miles away and it turned out to be 60 miles, I solved navigation problems in the future by mounting my Garmin on the dash. My Motor home had weather built into the radio and for the price I paid for the Toyota you would think they would have a better system. The Toyota has NO cargo light in the back when you open the rear door. On my trip I was always looking for a flash light at night to get things out of the back. Front seats have small holes in them to allow for heating and cooling of the front seats. The small holes get clogged easily if something is spilled on them by mistake and very hard to clean. I wish that there had been a V8 available as an option because I am planning on selling my trailer and moving up to one that has a dry weight of 4100 lbs. The 4-Runner has a maximum tow rating of 5000 lbs. I may have to trade it in for another vehicle with a V8, maybe the Sequoia or Tundra because they have the optional V8 and towing rating over 7000 lbs. This is my second 4-Runner Limited, my 2010 had a rear locker on it that I don't have on the this one. It was able to pull Jeeps and Fords out of heavy clay mud without getting stuck. I even once pulling a bobcat (small tractor) up a muddy hill where it could not get traction.