2017 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Touch screen system is no touch!
By JRP

2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 4th 4Runner. I really like the car, I think it's a great value. I keep them for approximately 70k miles. The third one I had, a 2014, had to have the radio/nav system replaced after a year. Several of the "buttons" wouldn't work. Same with the 2nd and 3rd one. When I went to get the 4th radio in 3 years, they told me it would be $1400. May sound crazy but I thought the car was a lemon, so I traded it in on a new one. It's 9 months now and the same thing has started with radio. Going in in a few days to see what the verdict is this time. As far as I'm concerned, the Entune Suite radio/nav. system is terrible! 5 radios, 2 cars in 4 years. Customer service said they were having trouble with the vendor. Sounds like they need a new vendor. The dealer has been great.

The Real Deal
By Eddie

2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a truck based, body on frame, heavy duty suspension, ultra strong vehicle. This is NOT a crossover built in a cars frame. You dont have to be an offroader to get this vehicle. So long as you hate potholes, speed bumps, like to go camping, fishing, and anything that takes you away from the pavement...this is your vehicle. I would recommend keeping or getting a 4 banger for the garbage miles ex. Work commute. You'll save on the long run in gas, oil changes, tires and value retention on your 4Runner. 4Runner is on par with Tacoma in resale value.

Rear seat air conditioning
By S.m

2017 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 4 Runner except I wish it had more air vents in back

Toyota 4Runner Limited- the ‘Outlaw’ SUV
By Anita

2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Limited surpasses all the other models and other SUVs in its class should frankly be ‘outlawed’. The Blizzard Pearl color is true EYE CANDY! And coupled with the Redwood leather interior- this beauty gets compliments everywhere we go. I make it look good and it makes me look better!! I purchased used just 1 Month ago - with low mileage (17.5K). So far the vehicle handles well and hugs the road in dry and wet terrain. But it does handle differently from my previous Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, but I’m adjusting. I am slightly disappointed in the lack of some technology - especially not having lane departure warning or 15 minute continued audio after engine is stopped (both features found in my 2006!! Infiniti) Toyota should have also included more wood grain and less hard metals/plastics. But at the end of the day - I love my sexy ‘new’ OUTLAW’. AKC/DC Metro

Toy4
By Lisa Webster

2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle handles very well and the braking system is great. I have the JBL sound system which is the feature my kids like best. This vehicle climbs steep roads and mountain passes with ease. Great styling inside and out!! Dislikes about this vehicle are that many navigation and phone features do not work when the car is in motion. You have to pull over. This is very inconvenient especially traveling long distances. Also, the back seat is not comfortable for long trips offering little back/lumbar support especially compared to the Tahoe we previously owned.