Skip to main content

Used Model S for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2014 Model S, so we've included reviews for other years of the Model S since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best car I've ever owned, could never go back

John Sanders, 11/06/2015
2013 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I like to drive cars hard, but hated sticking $70 in the pump every week. I drive a lot and hate driving hybrids with CVTs. So when I could get an all electric performance car I took the plunge. I usually prefer coupes to sedans, but since Tesla no longer made the Roadster, I went with the Model S. I couldn't be happier. The service is excellent, especially compared with my wife's Lexus. If there's ever a problem, Tesla sends a valet out to get my car, leaves me a brand new loaner, fixes and washes it, and then brings it back to my house, all for free. The car is big, but it still gets close to double Prius efficiency, all while I drive it as fast as I want. Charging at home is also very convenient compared to stopping for gas. The only drawback for me is it is slightly more prone to interior rattles than my past vehicles. This could be because it doesn't make any engine noise, but overall it's still much quieter.

4.5 out of 5 stars

American Ingenuity Electrified

rickallen, 01/21/2015
2014 Tesla Model S P85 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have the P85D AWD. The powertrain alone is worth the cost of entry. Faster than Ferrari performance, AWD, and every stomp of the accelerator doesn't burn a gallon of gas. Flex your foot and your face and body are thrown back with nearly no accompanying noise. The silence makes the acceleration somehow more rocket like, as if some unseen force is hurtling you toward the horizon. This car is the future of powertrains.

Great drivetrai + beta software

evdriver1, 10/21/2014
updated 04/24/2017
2013 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I own 2013 model 85 that has 17k miles on it. Great drivetrain, power and handling. Interior is good but not on par with Germans. Quality of materials and assembly probably like Volvo. 2014 models may be better. Fortunately Tesla have been fixing squeks, creaks and leaks. Drive unit developed whine, replaced. Sunroof seals replaced. Glovebox stuck, replaced. Software is hit and miss, feels like perpetual beta. Service center is useless if issue is in software. 4.x was OK. 5.0 - garage opener started to work every other time. Some next version fixed it. 5.11 randomly rebooted. 5.12 seemed stable. 6.0 added calendar which doesnt sync with iphone 6. Make sure you read forums and blog comments. UPD: Sold at 30K. Did not buy another. Will wait some until software stabilizes. Don't feel like paying $100K to be a tester.

3 out of 5 stars

2 out of 5 stars

Simpler than new models, they don’t last long

Owatagu Siam, 06/11/2021
2014 Tesla Model S 85 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

The S prior to October, 2014 was solidly built before the cheapened the body, suspension and other areas. It also lacks the Auto Pilot junk which never worked but especially in v1.0. These were better built and had few problems except for the designed to fail center screen. When that goes, the car is bricked. There is less to go wrong on this car but when it does, it’s expensive. The AC is insanely complicated as is the air suspension. When anything goes wrong, you are instantly into four figures. I mean anything. Service is abominable at Tesla and there is almost zero aftermarket support. You will wait a month just to get it in and then wait several months because they never have any parts. You also can’t talk to anyone. They don’t answer the phone or responds in any way. If you want to scratch that EV itch and can get one of these cheap, it’s worth a gamble but just be aware even a fender bender can send a Tesla straight to the junkyard because of the insane cost of repairs.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Tesla is to cars what Apple is to phones.

drbones911, 05/21/2013
2013 Tesla Model S Performance 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have approximately 7000 miles on this signature, performance version of the Tesla S. The car grabs a lot of attention and drives like a dream machine. I've driven the car from Boston to New York City then into New Jersey and back again with no problems. Other than that, I never really need to use an outside charging station since I charge it each night in my garage at home. This car is not just for local commutes. The car of the future is already here and still many still people don't believe that it's possible. Great job Tesla!

12345...9