Used 2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$5,912

Used SX4 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

You get what you pay for

andrewf86, 01/08/2012
Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a pretty bland car that lacks important creature comforts and is surprisingly small. At first it feels large but once you put 4 adults in you realize how small it really is. We bought this car because we had a baby on the way. The trunk barely fits the baby stroller and the passenger seat has to be moved all the way forward to accommodate the baby seat. This car gets very poor MPG, isn't fun to drive, and isn't very large. The only real redeeming feature I can think of is the AWD which is pretty capable even in very nasty weather. It's not a bad car, it's just very mediocre but it doesn't cost much money.

Decent Little SUV Alternative

JDA, 06/14/2010
Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my wife's new car. She loves it. She traded in her pickup for it due to heavy driving. It drives Very well and has good get up and go. The built-in GPS is a genius way to have one without needing a super expensive radio. So far my wife loves it. We were looking for a an SUV or minivan for her, but she saw it and said, "this one's cute." The price is also right for a new car. The dealer was very good and positive. We were also surprised with the $300 gas card! If you're looking for a nice small vehicle, definitely check it out. There is one caveat however. I am 5'9" and I can't find a comfortable driving position. This is meant for shorter drivers.

Ten years later

Harry, 12/31/2020
Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought used, with 12k. After 31,000+ miles on this sx4 hatch, parked outdoor, we say say wow. Dependable, driven 6days per week 14miles daily. Now at 64k. Not much spent on repairs, other than basic maintenance. The transmission switch ,as I understand needs replacement, preventing car from starting..had issued fing car battery dead a few times this year. Battery was replaced 3x by AAA. Hope all will be well. These past 2 years car sits outside without being used, bad. We will now drive it more often, as it is not primary vehicle. Love this SX4 still. Color dk grey looking hansome.

Affordable, Reliable, and Capable

Elphrid, 06/11/2021
Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a base crossover model used at 8 years old and 150k miles for a little under US$ 5k, and in two years I've put about 15k miles on it. It's required minimal maintenance despite being the oldest-at-purchase car I've gotten (all I've done is replaced the breaks which were worn down when I bought it), has run smoothly. I love this thing. Okay, first, the not-so-good: - A-pillars are large and can be annoying to look past. - Door bins are a bit small. - Cargo space is what you'd expect for a car this small. - Suzuki withdrew from the North American auto market in 2013 so depending on where you are you might end up waiting for some parts. The good: - firm suspension lets you feel the road without being uncomfortable. - the manual transmission is smooth and feels solid - the engine has plenty of pep - the AWD system is about as capable as it gets outside of vehicles that are specifically intended as off-roaders. - fuel economy is better-than advertized: with mixed highway and city, fwd and awd driving, I pretty reliably average between 28 and 32 mpg. - reliabilty: seriously, it's kind of amazing how little work I've had to put into a vehicle that was 8 years old and over 150,000 miles at purchase. - pretty decent carrying capacity for a car this small. - the flipside of Suzuki no longer selling cars in the US & Canada: these cars depreciate which means they are cheap used relative to other cars of comparable age, quality, and capability.