Used 2015 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Thought it would be better.
By SG

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've enjoyed the AWD of my 2015 Legacy. However, the seats (not leather) are not comfortable during a long ride and I can't play the radio without the engine running. Can't Subaru get a stronger battery? My number 1 complaint, its summer, I can't drive around town doing errands or short runs without the car barely starting or needing a jump, that's ridiculous! I was told by a Subaru mechanic I need to use a trickle charger. Somethings just not right. I hope I can get this rectified otherwise....I've never never had this problem with any other vehicle. Sad to say, this could be the first and last Subaru I own.

Cool Legacy
By Ralphy

2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

It is pretty good in the snow.

SUBARU OWNER NO MORE
By BARBARA DAWSON

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Turn signals are annoyingly loud. I had three trips to the service department for loose rubber trim for the moon roof. Came loose and couldn't use the moon roof unless you manually pushed it in while opening/closing the roof. Service department said this was all too common an issue. Poor designing. Also had issues with the electronics in passenger front window controls not working...sensors in the door messing up. Only had 21,500 miles and owned for three years. Warranty expiring so I traded in in for a Lexus. Much better choice by far.

Car burns oil and Subaru could care less
By Alexa Tommasini

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I will never purchase another Subaru. For 4 times in a row, my Subaru Legacy has had the oil level low after driving only approximately 4000 miles. I drive on highways only to work and do not by any means drive my car "hard". The last time the oil level low light came on, I took my car to the dealership immediately and was told there was a problem and my car was eating oil. They were reaching out to Subaru to have them fix the problem. To fix the problem, my car would need a new block. There was a class action lawsuit for the model year before my 2015 Legacy. Subaru insists there is no problem, despite speaking to a customer service representative and a supervisor as well. Why should my car consistently need oil after 4000 miles? Clearly a problem and Subaru is unconcerned with the issue, despite the dealership also confirming this is a problem. The Subaru supervisor's answer was "maybe someone at the dealership mis-spoke and made an assumption too early and was new". However in this case the dealership service head said there was a problem. I will never buy another Subaru again, nor will my husband who owns a Subaru. My first and only Subaru experience will be my last due to their terrible disregard of customer service and satisfaction.

1st Subaru and last Subaru
By dveswans@comcast.net

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned mostly Toyota's and Honda's. I wanted to get a car with AWD for driving in the snow in Colorado so I decided on the Subaru Legacy ( since it has AWD and the MPG rating was pretty good ). I figured that being a Japanese brand the quality and reliability would be good with the Subaru. I was so wrong! For starters, the fit and finish of this car is certainly substandard in comparison to any of the Honda's or Toyota's I've owned. I've had issues with the moonroof not operating along with a piece of molding detaching and jamming in the moonroof track, heat/AC blower fan failed and had to he replaced, several recall items for which car had to be taken to dealership for, lots of rattles in cabin ( I'd swear I'm driving a Ford at times ), SRVD fails frequently. I'm trading-in car at less than 30000 miles because I fear other big issues are in the offing ( transmission, Eyesight system, etc.)... I'm not taking my chances.