Used 2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Best AWD - winter driving
By Galix

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent traction - Uber reliable - very comfortable for long road trips - Great gas mileage - good resale value

Great find
By Sandy

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Found a gem of a car. Very low mileage and in excellent condition. Nothing fancy, just a reliable workhorse. And if reputation holds true, should expect to get well over 200,000+ miles like many other Subaru owners already have with theirs.

Love my new (used) Subaru!
By chicken farmer

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my third Subaru in the last 30 years (two of them used). When I was looking at this car I also test-drove 3 used Subaru Legacies. The others were a year newer with fewer miles but the rides were poor. The pickup on this car is fine. I love the CVT. I am so happy with the paddle-shifting! It is wonderful for complete control in snow, and uphill and downhill! I have only had the car for 3 months (Oct-Jan).. The things I don't like are: Takes a long time to warm up. I don't like the trunk-closer "handle" hole - it's not sturdy and can't close the trunk - you have to push down on the dirty trunk cover after all. I am very short, and the headrest on the driver's seat was almost a deal-breaker for me, but I've gotten used to having NO real neck support as my head goes into the big hole before the very high headrest pushes forward (who likes to have THAT?). Lots of cars have that now. Also the paint seems to be a joke. I noticed immediately that I should keep my keys away when going to the door, or I'll add to the many scratches! The trunk is ENORMOUS and I can't believe it can hold more than my old wagon's trunk. This car has nice amenities! I love the winter package. Everyone else is scraping their cars and I sit in there and wait for it to do itself! But I wish it had fog lights! They told me those would be $500 to add. But this one's trim level is MUCH nicer than the cars with fog lights (lower models). Both of the other cars I test drove had better brakes. I love that the hood goes up by itself when you unlatch it; no stick to have to push up high to hold a HEAVY hood up (Getting harder for a short, older woman)! Also I think it's silly that the inside light goes on SLOWLY when you open the door! But I am mostly totally delighted with my "new" car!

What a good buy
By Linda Chen

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Failing Headliner!!!
By Annette

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The headliner began to fall away from the rear window 2 weeks after the warranty was over. The car was leased and Subaru (after some hassle) paid to have a new headliner installed. The car is leased and I don't know if they would have covered it if I had owned it. No one seemed upset or even too interested in it. Expensive repair!!!