Used 2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Best car I have ever owned
By Andy Wilkinson

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend the 2010 Outback Sport.

Not impressed
By Susan

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

High maintenance cost. Won't make 100,000 miles

This is The Low End Product, but not so bad
By historybuff13

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Before I begin I just want to say I have owned 2 Foresters and they are both great cars. I bought this Imprezza used from a dealer in 2014 with under 36000 miles. I thought it was a great deal because of the milage. I have owned it for less than 3 months and I am now scheduled for my 3rd service appointment to fix the turn signal. I have read that Subaru cut corners on this model to save money and actually made the wire harness too short so that it pulls loose. I really like my dealership and in general I like Subarus, but I cannot recommend this model. I will actually be purchasing a new car this year, but I am no longer considering the Crosstrek, as it is just another Imprezza.

Update: My local dealer did eventually get the turn signal fixed (at no charge). After several years the car has exhibited no other problems. I am actually considering a Crosstrek again, but will not be in the market for a couple more years. At this point I think I would recommend it.

2010 impreza Outback sport
By aherrmann17

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car burns oil. The scheduled maintenance for my region is every 7500 miles for an oil change. The outback sport however decided to develop rod knocking due to lack of oil in the engine. CA state law does not allow a car to burn 4.5 quarts of synthetic oil in 7500 miles. Highly dissatisfied with this car. I would not recommend it to anyone.

LED tail lights. Rims look better than standard 2.5i. AWD

Oil burning issue. Too much body roll. Engine seriously lacks in performance. And the MPG sucks. 26 freeway for a N/A 2.5L 170hp economy car? This car is at the low end of its class compared to others similar vehicles.

Do I really need a car this fast?
By WesK

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What other vehicle can rip the roads and have as much space as a mini-van inside? At 10% throttle, you have a car that almost behaves like a well mannered commuter vehicle in traffic. Step on the gas, and you will probably be breaking any speeding law in less than one second.

Seats a family of 4 and can get them to their destination in a hurry. Raw power, confident handling, rock solid brakes, great needle gauge dash.

It needs an eco/sport mode feature like on the hybrids to adjust the throttle response. 6speed MT with a longer 1st gear for driving in 5mph traffic, and a 6th gear for cruising at legal highway speeds. The scoop is way overdone, and just say "no" to smooth plastic interior trim pieces.