Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

90,000 mile update - Tranny Problem

Fandango, 04/10/2010
2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

At about 75,000 miles, I began to notice a whine/rattle in the manual transmission and, when it kept getting louder, took it in to the dealer a few thousand miles later. It turned out to be a pitted output shaft bearing. The repair cost about $1200 but was fortunately covered by the extended warranty, which, with a road hazard tire replacement earlier, has now paid off about what I paid for it. So far, the transmission bearing has been the only mechanical problem. After 90,000 miles, I still love to drive this car. It's just fun. It still reminds me of a British sports car in its simplicity. Now consistently getting 28-30 mpg highway mileage.

190,000 Mile Update

fandango, 10/04/2013
2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since new -- almost 7 years now. Repairs included replacement of a bad transmission bearing (covered by extended warranty) and a leaking head gasket. Otherwise it has needed only routine things like a battery, brake pads and struts (at 150,000 miles). It burns some oil. For quite some time, I have had to add a quart between oil changes. Otherwise it still handles very well and looks good, inside and out, despite frequent trips on dirt roads, including some pretty rough and steep 4WD roads. I still really enjoy driving this car, especially when the roads are twisty, and am glad I bought it.

Great car for the money!

Martin, 09/20/2006
WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a TR in June and have 4000 miles so far. This car is great! I installed STP cat back, K&N Intake, HKS up pipe and intercooler. I purchased this car for $21,700 with rear spoiler and there was nothing even comparable to WRX on the market for this kind a money with this kind a performance. I love it, I really do. Handling is amazing. Best choice in its class.

Sturdy Build and a Fun to drive

Scubado, 02/01/2010
2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No issues whatsoever since purchase. Ride or Slide this car and it is always ready for more.The AWD does it job and it is especially evident after driving other FWD cars in its class. The real kick comes beyond 3500 rpm when the boxer starts to scream. The mechanical build more than makes up for the bare minimum interior. Getting an avg 22-24mpg 50%city 50% hwy.

Most Fun for the Money

Fandango, 01/27/2007
2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car reminds me of an English sports car in the sense that it's a driver's car first. Performance and handling are near perfect, while creature comforts and amenities are less so. But that's OK. I'll trade overhead caddies, fancy cupholders, extra auxiliary power outlets, MP3 hookups, a premium sound system and even a little seat comfort for a thrill ride through canyon twisties any day, and that's what this little car delivers in spades, holding the road like a cat. It's about the most fun you can get in a new sport sedan for about $18,000. And yes, the 2.5 liter non-turbo engine produces plenty of smooth power and great torque for spirited driving in the old sports car tradition.

12345...8